Registered
1,333 Posts
Nice Touch, "Used Foreign Crap"

t_bare

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Easy enough to fix... Just saying.

The best deals are good bikes with a few tasteless mods and indifferent owners. As long as they had the service done on time you snap it up and return it to its former glory in an afternoon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Because of the bars, really? I have a friend and riding buddy that has this mod on his 1098 and 996sps track bike. He is a 74 year old retired doctor, has an artificial hip, artificial knee, and is faster than 90% of the guys on this forum. If it makes the owner more comfortable, so be it. He says he has the stock parts anyway, right?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
comrade moderator
26,799 Posts
I think you might just be surprised at the number of folks who see those mods (you're talking about the LSL bar kit, right?) as a big positive.

I do. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I personally don't care what othre people do with their bikes...as long as they are happy. Would I do that...no...I have comfortable bikes to ride long distances and the 1098 for going fast.

Maybe he just wanted a totally kick ass bike that was comfortable to ride. It makes me sad to see it only has 2500 miles on it which is far worse than the handlebar kit is!!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
It makes me sad to see it only has 2500 miles on it which is far worse than the handlebar kit is!!
+1000000

I have had my 1198 for 3 months and have already done 3300+ miles on it. That is with me and the wife both working full time, 4 kids (all in school), and having another bike to ride as well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Because of the bars, really? I have a friend and riding buddy that has this mod on his 1098 and 996sps track bike. He is a 74 year old retired doctor, has an artificial hip, artificial knee, and is faster than 90% of the guys on this forum. If it makes the owner more comfortable, so be it. He says he has the stock parts anyway, right?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
aa996 - yep, my buddy too! Have had the pleasure of riding his bikes with the higher bars and will be doing something similar to my 999r.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts