Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had this oil leak on my 996 from the clutch slave cylinder. I replaced the cylinder with an Evo 30.5, along with the push rod o rings. The leak still continued, reading as some folks with Evo continued experiencing leaks, I replaced the cylinder with a psr. It was fine for a week, today, I noticed its still leaking. Im sure its leaking from the slave. Please help!!!! Whats going on????

·
Registered
24 Posts
If it is leaking "oil" and not "brake fluid" it is not coming from your slave cylinder. The oil would be leaking from your motor .

If it is brake fluid , it leaking pass the seal on the piston inside of the slave cylinder.

Try a new seal and check the smoothest of the inside wall of the cylinder.

Hope this helps.

Also check the push rod to see if it spins freely, if not you need to replace the clutch rod bearing # 6201 RF . Probably would have to replace the push rod seal again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have exactly the same problem with my 996 , I've already changed the o-rings on the push rod and an o-ring between slave cylinder and crankcase cover, but the oil still leaks. I think that the problem is the silicone seal between the crankcase and left crankcase cover near the front sprocket. The problem occured after I had changed the front sprocked and removed all of dirt and chain lube from the crankcase surface. This weekend I'm gonna check this out and as soon as I resolve this problem I'll let you know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So this weekend I've removed the left crancase cover and gave it new silicone on its contact surafce and the leak is gone!!! :) Some bolts of the cover were not torqued enough especially the one near the slave cylinder and I think that was the problem. First you should try to torque the bolts properly 10Nm and if the oil won't stop leaking than you should remove the cover and re-silicon its surface . In my case that helped

1 - 4 of 4 Posts