Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys the cats out of the bag and we know now what we all suspected. I'm starting this new thread and want to hear what you think about this. The more I think about it, why don't ducati release Rossi NOW! Bring someone in now if they can, so they can get a head start going into next year. Whats Rossi going to offer them now, nothing! He's given up and been no help so pay him to sit home and bring someone young and fresh into the program. Thats a no brainer! Who do you think thats out there and do Ducati need to still let Rossi ride the rest of the year?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok guys the cats out of the bag and we know now what we all suspected. I'm starting this new thread and want to hear what you think about this. The more I think about it, why don't ducati release Rossi NOW! Bring someone in now if they can, so they can get a head start going into next year. Whats Rossi going to offer them now, nothing! He's given up and been no help so pay him to sit home and bring someone young and fresh into the program. Thats a no brainer! Who do you think thats out there and do Ducati need to still let Rossi ride the rest of the year?
What you say makes sense. guess when you sign a contract your held to it.

I don't think Rossi's been trying very hard the last few races and now he will just cruise to the end of the season IMO.
Read somewhere where Rossi and the head of the racing department don't get along to well. Think Rossi said if he's still there Rossi wont be.
Sure someone else will chime in with clearer facts.

·
Registered
514 Posts
They paid him a lot of money to be there, and I'm sure the media has blown a lot out of proportion regarding their relationship. I'm sure Rossi is still trying to steer them in te rigt direction development wise, it's just an issue of whether or not try choose to listen (doubtful).

Fans still tune in to follow Rossi exclusively, so firing him would be a catastrophic move for Ducati.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Sponsors paid a lot of money to bring him there because of the exposure he brings. If he is not there, the sponsors aren't getting what they paid for. That would have significant repercussions.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Interesting thoughts from motomatters in that David was saying that now Ducati Corse is in the strange position of developing the bike still, but having to keep Rossi in the dark so that he doesn't know what is going on with it next year.

·
7,733 Posts
..I don't think Rossi's been trying very hard the last few races...
Probably since Sepang testing where he may have realised it's a lost cause, so why "race for 6th" as he put it, and risk serious injury? He and others could never hook up with that bike like Stoner could, but he unlike the others including Stoner has nothing to push for, like a ride for next year.

He'll put in the few remaining parade laps to expose his sponsor's colours etc, and then I hope Ducati puts the whole Rossi experience behind them as soon as possible, and they will no doubt will take the high road instead of trash talk about his lack of effort, and he no doubt will have great success on the Yamaha so there' will be no need to trash talk Ducati, though I sincerely hope whomever Ducati signs, persitently dogs him/shows him a wheel throughout 2013/14. :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They paid him a lot of money to be there, and I'm sure the media has blown a lot out of proportion regarding their relationship. I'm sure Rossi is still trying to steer them in te rigt direction development wise, it's just an issue of whether or not try choose to listen (doubtful).

Fans still tune in to follow Rossi exclusively, so firing him would be a catastrophic move for Ducati.
But Ducati can't just let him keep riding if just because of the money, that makes no sence to their future. To say that Rossi is going to continue to steer them in the right direction, thats wishful thinking. Why would he? Why would he risk his neck and possible injury when he has a new contract with Yamaha and then maybe loosing it because he got hurt for the sake of Ducati? Sometimes a company has to realize that their not moving forward and forget about the money. It's a business, and what money could Rossi bring in now, nothing! They need to cut their looses and move on, they own nothing to Rossi and everything to their name and their fans. If anything give Nicky a big bonus for hanging in there and giving his best. I still think to much blame is on the bike and not on the rider.

·
Registered
514 Posts
As said above, I doubt Rossi's sponsors would tolerate him being released. Ducati would probably have to pick up the tab (millions), plus eat the cost of his salary for the remainder of the year (millions)... It's probably cheaper to keep him riding.

However, for the time being, it's gonna be Hayden's show, and perhaps they'll actually pay attention to him and his input.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I don't know how it works in other parts of the world, but here in Australia most companies boot employees out the door the moment the employee resigns.

It used to be that either the employer or the employee would give notice that they are parting company, and the employee would continue to work out the "notice period"

Nowdays, the minute you resign and give one weeks notice, the company tells you to clean out your desk, pack your gear, and leave. They pay you for the week, but don't want you on the premises.

I guess there were many cases of sabotage, spying, gathering of information, etc etc etc.

For Rossi to continue with Ducati until the end of season 2012, it will be a VERY shallow and hollow charade.

Rossi is not going to risk life and limb trying to improve a bike that has no hope of beating any of the Hondas or Yamahas.

Why would Rossi risk anything to make his next year's opposition any better ?

What value does any of Ducati's or Rossi's sponsors get out of seeing #46 going around in 6th or worse place ? ,,,,, Corporate flag waving ,,,, but more like a whimp flutter.

Mid season signings in ANY sport are detrimental to everybody involved.
The Rossi saga is no different ,,,, it casts an appauling shadow over everybody and everything.
It raises more questions than it answers.
It generates more negatives than positives.
It's an alround Lose / Lose situation.

No matter who Ducati sign to partner Hayden, the Ducati star for the remainder of 2012, and into 2013, will continue to fade further into the mist.

How's this for an improbability .............
Stoner sits out 2013 ,,,, re-energises, and comes back to MotoGP in 2014 aboard a revamped Ducati :eek:
Stoner's motivation to this ,,,,, to force feed humble pie down Rossi's throat :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
nicky has brothers that know how to work hard
that would be cool as hell

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
How's this for an improbability .............
Stoner sits out 2013 ,,,, re-energises, and comes back to MotoGP in 2014 aboard a revamped Ducati :eek:
Stoner's motivation to this ,,,,, to force feed humble pie down Rossi's throat :D
ha .. would have to abandon CRT , level the playing field on tyres, make him an honorary European , etc , etc , etc , etc

but i like the proposition

:D

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I don't know how it works in other parts of the world, but here in Australia most companies boot employees out the door the moment the employee resigns.

It used to be that either the employer or the employee would give notice that they are parting company, and the employee would continue to work out the "notice period"

Nowdays, the minute you resign and give one weeks notice, the company tells you to clean out your desk, pack your gear, and leave. They pay you for the week, but don't want you on the premises.

I guess there were many cases of sabotage, spying, gathering of information, etc etc etc.

:D
Maybe Honda should chase Stoner and Yamaha should move spies on . We`ll have no one left if we go with your idea.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Maybe Honda should chase Stoner and Yamaha should move spies on . We`ll have no one left if we go with your idea.
exactly... Rossi and Spies can go on an extended holiday... Hayden might as well too, 'cause the Ducati is still going to suck for a while yet...

CRT's? no chance on a win, so they should go home... if Dovi signs with Ducati in the next week?... he can go...

just let Jorge, Pedrosa, and Stoner battle it out... they're the only one's with a shot anyhow.

What month did Stoner sign with Honda?... perhaps Stoner should have went fishing for the end of '10? and left the Ducati early as well...

Motorsports are always this way... freelance professionals..

you wanna know what may have been going on with the Ducati over the past 8 months?

interesting read...

Closed for inventory ENG VERS

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I'm not excited about this prediction, but it seems pretty obvious. For both '13 and '14 Rossi will run 1st or 2nd, and if ANYthing happens to Jorge he will be Champion, practically uncontested. Even if honda makes a slightly bettet bike, there is no one to win on it.

For this reason, Ducati needs to run some PR damage control, help the bike as much as possible, and not get out of hand with any Rossi criticisms (like with Casey), because the very minute Rossi wins, which will probably be the first race of '13, the hammering ridicule of Ducati racing will begin. Anything the GOAT says is going to becomethe accepted word of god in the motorcyling world. Namely, that the continual misleading of riders and fans, about greatly improved equipment and unflinching dedication to winning, that was spoon fed to all of us was just ONE GREAT BIG FAT LIE.

For their own good, they just need to let him ride. Treat him well, really well, and move onto the next phase as quietly as possible. A smiling 6th is a million times better than an unhappy 12th.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Don't forget about Marquez. Sure to be a force in at least his second year, if not his first. I think Rossi is again overestimating how easy he thinks it's going to be to win another championship.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Don't forget about Marquez. Sure to be a force in at least his second year, if not his first. I think Rossi is again overestimating how easy he thinks it's going to be to win another championship.
I could be making it sound too easy, but I think Dani is going to be a couple of seconds behind Rossi and Jorge. And then several of the fast guys all shooting for fourth. I know they are fast but I think it's actually still a talent thing. Next year we still have 3 of the 4 Aliens. For that matter the same 3 could be around practically running things for the next 5 or 6 years...

I don't know if he thinks it's going to be easy, but I also don't think there is anyone besides Jorge.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Why does anyone think Rossi thinks it will be easy to win a championship? As far as I know, he's made no mention of it. I think Rossi will feel comfortable again and certainly has a chance. I'll really be interested to see how much the tough road he's had in the last couple of years has affected him. He's had some rough times, and he's getting to that stage that so many elite athletes inevitably get to. Does he still have that extra something that helped him win all of those championships, or is that little extra not quite there anymore? Already waiting for next year. Meanwhile...go Dani or Jorge!

Latte, I don't think that is so improbable at all. I would not be surprised in the least that Casey comes back in '14. Wouldn't be all THAT terribly surprised if he changed his mind for next season.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts