Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if Dan reads this site or not but really frustrated at the site being down since 10 Dec 2011 for maintenance, it can't take that long can it?
Perhaps he needs help in running the site as this was suggested in a previous thread posted by Dan.
Does anyone else miss this site or know what has happened?

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Love the site and miss it too. I think it would be great if he could find someone or some way to help run the site to avoid these down times. I have been there many times for some great info.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Might be back up soon?? He's dealing with a new baby so cant have too much time for internet faff inbetween the next sh!tty nappy... ;):eek::D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Might be back up soon?? He's dealing with a new baby so cant have too much time for internet faff inbetween the next sh!tty nappy... ;):eek::D
He has closed it down before. Plenty of people offered help with time and money but he chose not to be helped.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Last time I think that the DOCGB (amongst others) offered to take it off his hands & run it with no changes to the format at all & he turned them down.

It's a damn shame that it's been down for so long because apart from the useful info on there it was a good social network (did everyone get their Secret Santa presents?).

Other good UK sites are available though:

www.ducatiworld.co.uk • Index page

Ducati UpNorth

Italian Sportsbike Club Forum

Traffic on all those sites is growing as people lose patience waiting for Ducatisti to be revived.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Shame. It would have been easy to hand it over to volunters to moderate. Most other sites work like that. I mod two other forums. The owners don;t need to even look at them cos there are enough volunteers.

I did mail Dan once with some questions about the format etc, but he didn't seem to wanna know.

Maybe we need a new UK site to replace it (I'm not volunteering)... Or maybe it's just better to keep all us Ducatisti Brits on here and just make it clear where we're posting from???

·
Registered
954 Posts
Shame. It would have been easy to hand it over to volunters to moderate. Most other sites work like that. I mod two other forums. The owners don;t need to even look at them cos there are enough volunteers.

I did mail Dan once with some questions about the format etc, but he didn't seem to wanna know.

Maybe we need a new UK site to replace it (I'm not volunteering)... Or maybe it's just better to keep all us Ducatisti Brits on here and just make it clear where we're posting from???
I'd be happy to help run said site, mod etc?

So handy having a UK site to arrange meets, fettling, spares... :)

·
Administrator
12,247 Posts
If there is enough interest and you would like to have a UK forum here in the regional forums section I would be happy to set one up.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

I'd be happy to help run said site, mod etc?

So handy having a UK site to arrange meets, fettling, spares... :)
Again, Dan did have a full moderation team helping him out. I think he did all the tech admin, but I can't see why that couldn't be delegated.

Perhaps he's just got bored of it all, but doesn't want his site to get into the "wrong" hands (a very nefarious character was sniffing round it at one point) & maybe he's deciding whether to kill it off altogether. I feel that if it's down for much longer it will be very difficult to recoup the number of posters it used to have, because people would be wary of joining a site that can be shut down, seemingly on a whim (although I have to emphasise I have no idea what's behind Dans' reasoning), for weeks on end with no updates. As I said the sites I listed above are all getting an increase in members due to Ducatistis continued absence. Ducati Up North in particular has some good tech advice & gurus on board.

Scott, a UK sub-section might be a good idea.

·
Registered
954 Posts
If there is enough interest and you would like to have a UK forum here in the regional forums section I would be happy to set one up.
That would be amazing, Scott!

Much appreciated if you could look into it? Maybe a poll to get some idea of numbers? :)

·
Administrator
12,247 Posts
If one of you can get a poll or some other idea of how many people would be interested I will move forward accordingly if there is enough folks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In answer to a question in here, I got my Secret Santa present, so - many thanks to the kind person and all the little helpers. Got a nice Ducati key ring and some tasty stickers too! Lucky old me.

I know a lot of folks have lost the various contact details of other UK types which is a shame. Some 15 or so of us in the Sussex / Surrey area have managed to stay in touch and we even got a few of us together at Bury Hill on Friday. :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
In answer to a question in here, I got my Secret Santa present, so - many thanks to the kind person and all the little helpers. Got a nice Ducati key ring and some tasty stickers too! Lucky old me.
Yes I got mine too, a nice Ducati cappuccino cup & saucer. Thanks to whoever my secret santa was!

I suspect that we only got our prezzies due to Paivi's sterling efforts tracking people down via Facebook etc.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts