Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dealerships have a HUGE impact on your experience with motorcycle ownership, both positively and negatively. Good luck with the Yamaha, reliability shouldn't be a problem for you, and if you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
What are you going for with this thread? Are you trying to open up dialogue about something in particular? Are you trying to vent about problems you had? All I see is an advertisement for your youtube channel. If you want to discuss why you sold your Hyper, great! If you want to discuss how you like your new FZ, fine. If you are just trying to get more views/likes/subs, become a site sponsor. A quick look at your previous posts indicates pushing your youtube channel has been your main objective on this forum. If I am mistaken, please correct me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are you going for with this thread? Are you trying to open up dialogue about something in particular? Are you trying to vent about problems you had? All I see is an advertisement for your youtube channel. If you want to discuss why you sold your Hyper, great! If you want to discuss how you like your new FZ, fine. If you are just trying to get more views/likes/subs, become a site sponsor. A quick look at your previous posts indicates pushing your youtube channel has been your main objective on this forum. If I am mistaken, please correct me.
I made the video to explain why I decided to move on from my Hypermotard. I shared it here because it pertains to the Ducati Hypermotard. I’m open and interested in any additional dialogue that may result from it. I make all sorts of YouTube videos on my channel and only post uploads to this site that have something to do with the bike. I believe my past posts here include “garage time” videos where I add aftermarket parts to the bike and such. It’s just another form of media other than describing what I did, like or dislike in text or photos.

None of my YouTube videos are monetized. I don’t make any money from YouTube so there is no need to advertise or become a site sponsor. I enjoy making these videos and sharing them for the same reason anyone else here would start a thread to discuss the bike.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
My advice would be to get a real job.

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
None of my YouTube videos are monetized. I don’t make any money from YouTube so there is no need to advertise or become a site sponsor.
Disingenuous response. You're not monetized because because of the the number of subscribers you have.

You even say in one of your vids that you want to monetize and make money off YouTube but they wont let you.

Sorry but doing mouse fart wheelies in the suburbs ain't going to get you there son.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Disingenuous response. You're not monetized because because of the the number of subscribers you have.

You even say in one of your vids that you want to monetize and make money off YouTube but they wont let you.

Sorry but doing mouse fart wheelies in the suburbs ain't going to get you there son.
It’s not disingenuous at all. I said in that video that none of my videos are monetized because I didn’t start the channel to make money on YouTube. Furthermore...that video video has nothing to do with motorcycles or Hypermotards, so I’m not even sure why you would mention it in this thread. I never referenced that video on this board and wouldn’t simply because it’s not relevant to the discussion.

I was under the impression this message board was to discuss Ducati Motorcycles and not pile on someone for posting n a topic directly related to the intent of the board.

·
Smut peddler
1,142 Posts
Meh, I say eff both those pieces of shit. I'd rather push my Gen 1 hyper up a hill in first gear than ride either of those rats down a street lined with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.:grin2:( BTW, how weird is it autocorrect knew every word I was going to type after Dallas? ).

Just kidding (well, kinda). I can't for the life of me figure out why the Gen 2 hyper is having all these problems, while other models that share the components don't seem to be near as troublesome. It's a real head scratcher. So I can understand the desire to move to a more reliable ride. But let's be honest DD, you probably ain't gonna win many friends coming to a site that you don't have much of a history built up, and start shitting on the home teams brand. What I'm most perplexed on is how the hell a feller can keep concentrated on what they're doing while yapping into the mic doin these vlog thingys. I have no interest in talking to anyone, even myself when I'm riding. I love the sounds of riding, can't imagine staying focused or enjoying doing such a thing. Different strokes for different folks, as grampa Treehorn used to say. Don't get me wrong, I do scream the lyrics to all the slayer songs when I'm rolling through the canyons, but that's just me.:grin2:

I recommend you test a gen 1 hyper, and vlog that experience. My bet is you'll be a spaghetti bender again.:yeah:

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Slayer songs have lyrics ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Meh, I say eff both those pieces of shit. I'd rather push my Gen 1 hyper up a hill in first gear than ride either of those rats down a street lined with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.:grin2:( BTW, how weird is it autocorrect knew every word I was going to type after Dallas? ).

Just kidding (well, kinda). I can't for the life of me figure out why the Gen 2 hyper is having all these problems, while other models that share the components don't seem to be near as troublesome. It's a real head scratcher. So I can understand the desire to move to a more reliable ride. But let's be honest DD, you probably ain't gonna win many friends coming to a site that you don't have much of a history built up, and start shitting on the home teams brand. What I'm most perplexed on is how the hell a feller can keep concentrated on what they're doing while yapping into the mic doin these vlog thingys. I have no interest in talking to anyone, even myself when I'm riding. I love the sounds of riding, can't imagine staying focused or enjoying doing such a thing. Different strokes for different folks, as grampa Treehorn used to say. Don't get me wrong, I do scream the lyrics to all the slayer songs when I'm rolling through the canyons, but that's just me.:grin2:

I recommend you test a gen 1 hyper, and vlog that experience. My bet is you'll be a spaghetti bender again.:yeah:
Jackie...thanks for the feedback. I would love to ride a first gen Hyper. I figured I would get some strong discussion in response to my first experience with the Ducati, but didnt know my wheelies and YouTube channel would create so much heart burn.

I wasn’t really that critical of the bike. The rotors did warp and the fork seals did blow, but my biggest complaint was the service (or lack of) I received from the dealer. I have additional uploads discussing those experiences, but never posted them here (probably a good thing). It’s all good though. I’m still really glad I owned that bike but just could t justify throwing more money at it. I lost faith in its dependability.

Regarding talking into the camera...I have to ride for hours just to get 5 minutes of content. Most of the time I’m just trying to hold on for the ride.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Do they sell a medication to relax sphincters ? I think I have a real market for it on this forum. FGS people, lighten up !

·
Smut peddler
1,142 Posts
Slayer songs have lyrics ?
Um, chyeah, it's some real deep Simon and Garfunkel kind of shit... Mixed in with eff god, the devil rules, kill everyone, and what have you.>:)

I wouldn't sweat it DD. We all got opinions, if you're happy with your yamahammer, more power to ya. Just don't go into the international threads saying why you left Australia because you liked New Zealand better. It would not serve you well.:grin2:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Do they sell a medication to relax sphincters ? I think I have a real market for it on this forum. FGS people, lighten up !
+1 I didn't bother checking the other vids but OP was just talking about his experience, take a breath. I didn't get the feeling he was slamming Ducati, in fact he said a few times that he really liked the bike, just wished it met his needs better. I have read a lot worse (was it Snowcat?} BTW OP you do need to ride an 1100 air cooled Hyper, you will be back!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the commercial in your sig line is what makes the difference between someone coming here to talk bikes, or someone coming here to promote there Youtube channel...and maybe talking bikes.
That’s a good point Chuck and it may be what’s bringing on the criticism. I used that signature because my channel has a bunch of Hypermotard videos on it and I figured people on a Ducati Hypermotard message board would be interested in the content.

I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well...I'm glad that you're happy with the new ride. One must be happy on their MC! On the other hand, I have a '15 and will report that I have not encountered any problems whatever with my HM other than the battery going tit's-up prematurely.

No starter motor, no brake issues, no "impossible to find neutral".

Most times, disengaging the tranny to neutral is a very subtle movement but, once I got used to it, it's natural to me.

I installed a L-ION battery and at the same time upgraded the cables to the HI-CAP kit. I also put in a RapidBike EVO fuel module to smooth out the low speed high RPM surging.

I think that your complaint about the constant need to shift up/down would have been eliminated with a 14T drive sprocket which I installed on mine as well.

90% of my riding is canyons & twisties.

I love my HM. Everything about it, actually. It was the exact right bike for me at this point in my life....and at 63 YO, it will most likely be my last bike.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts