Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Why I can't make a stoppie?

1772 Views 20 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Neil66
Hey guys, why the front tire always locks and doesn't allow me to do a stoppie in my hypermotard 950 even though I have ABS at 1(the lowest possible). Can it be the tire? I have a pirelli diablo rosso and I am not sure if it because it's harder at the top of the tire. Should I buy a more sticky front tire?
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Balls aren鈥檛 big enough? 馃榿
You have to unload the back and load the front by sifting your weight forward.
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
In straight line shift your ass over the tank & grab a handful of front brake & wala instant stoppie.
Because you have yet to be scared shitless on that particular bike.
  • Haha
In straight line shift your ass over the tank & grab a handful of front brake & wala instant stoppie.
I think the word you were looking for there Jeff at the end is voila---there is no such word a wala ------I'm just giving you a ration of :poop: mate lol
  • Haha
My bad
I'm a prodigy of the public school system.
Reactions: 1
a nice crack of the throttle loads up the back and lightens the front, as soon as you feel the bike front end get light close the throttle shift your weight forward fast and nice handful of front brake, then try not to eat a mouthful of concrete.
My bad
I'm a prodigy of the public school system.
pmsl
Please video tape your attempts and post!
  • Haha
  • Helpful
Reactions: 5
Enlarge testicle growth can be enhanced by running up to 100mph, grab the front brake till you feel the handlebars move away from center, or you fell the front end slide and you are few degrees leaned over from a straight line. Try that about 18 or so tries until you grab your crotch and feel it seems to be larger.

Or run up to speed (any speed) move to the yellow center line and grab the front brake hard enough to make the tire squeak.

Now you're not so scared of hard braking. You'll be going so fast, it recovers quick. Maybe slice 9mph off the speedo from 100. Caution: Might blow out both the fork seals. I did.

As stated, the momentum of the body moving forward pluse simultaneously grab the front brake like it's 100mph.

By doing this drill [disclaimer - it's all on you] you'll acquire fast reflexes so as to release the lever quick when it happens, not panic at 100, so as not to freeze when the bike cartwheels over your head doing stoppies. It's more a load release happening now. A whole new set of tricks to learn with the brake.

ABS at 100 kicks in, it will ratchet-noise, in the most digital way. Have keen ears if no joy. Then pull the fuse out of the ABS or pull the connector off the box. Follow 2nd brake line to box.

Road tested a Busa when it first came out. Hit the brakes and was surprised the backend came up so easy. No balls, then run about 10ft and hit the front brake. It's not a skid you want to make. That's too fast in 10ft.

And no, it's not the tire. It's the ball check jerking off that brake lever.
See less See more
no need to start at 100mph - look at toprak - he does it in the pits and on the start line
but need to be prepared for much higher G force on a stoppie, oh and the possibility that you'll lock the front and not let off the brake in time to stop you eating concrete - there has to be a price for being that guy:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I think the word you were looking for there Jeff at the end is voila---there is no such word a wala ------I'm just giving you a ration of :poop: mate lol
hey welcome back.. served your time in the gulags then.
Please video tape your attempts and post!
better yet, get your mum to film it on her phone so she can upload to YouTube while we wait till you can write again.

don鈥檛 forget to wear your flip flops and not do your helmet up.
  • Haha
Practice on a mountain bike
Practice on a mountain bike
Or on a trials bike. Easy to put either wheel up in the air.
no need to start at 100mph... a price for being that guy:LOL::LOL::LOL:
This was a stuck open throttle caused by a handmade wire harness too close to the hook. But I had to figure out FI my way no matter the price. Caught the difference between an analog setting, and a digital setting. Cement cleans off with a shower. Asphalt is with a cheese grader to remove all the black. More showers, the faster it heals.

Signed,
Takes No Balls To Do Stupid Club

hey welcome back.. served your time in the gulags then.
Thanks Mal, they did allow me back so I have to be nice --should not be too hard I am drinking far less these days lol
I feel like this is a precursor to a parts wanted thread. 馃槅
  • Haha
And NEVER try to stoppie if there is any fruit on the ground.
  • Haha
1 - 20 of 21 Posts