Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Why do more exhaust fumes exit the right side?

2641 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Kirigakure
Can anyone tell me why I can see the fumes exiting the right can (horizontal pipe side) of my Remus half system, but not the left (vertical pipe side)? I thought it may have had a little to do with the exhaust leaks I was experiencing after the installation. I've since sealed the leaks. After firing it up today (in cold weather where you can easily see the fumes) to check for leaks, it still was only noticeable coming from the right side for a couple minutes. I checked the joints where I sealed them with some Permatex copper RTV gasket maker, and the leaks were gone. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't remember my stock exhaust doing the same... or maybe I just never noticed it?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Hey just curious when you get off your bike are your clothes really smelling of exhaust fumes? I have a 999 with full Termi and I seem to really smell of exhaust fumes, just wondering if this is common?

· Registered
114 Posts
Dark_Daddy said:
Buy a spritzer bottle and put some cinnamon oil in it and spritz the hell out of your exhaust pipes before you ride it. This will take care of any manly scents emitting from your Italian Stallion.

(Paid for by
Kirigakure for Congress)
Thanks for the useful reply! I was really seeking advice weither it was running a little rich, but you're cool and manly!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.