Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I go to adjust the pegs, as they are a little too forward for my taste. I do the same thing I've done on all my bikes...take off peg, loosen gear rod nut (so u can turn screw) and adj the screw out to get the shift lever back to a position to shift gears...So after an hour & test ride, the gear shifter is too high & doesn't shift smoothly (a huge shift from 1st-2nd/3rd). The gear selector needs to be lowered more...FU*K I think, this is a pain in the ass...then I look @ the shift rod & notice an allen nut 1/2 up the rod...hmmm, I loosen it & pull back on it, hoping nothing falls out, and it slides out and adjusts to the perfect setting...Tight fit for the new peg position. Shifts perfectly...Man, I wish someone had told me about this earlier, but I didn't ask!! Ducatis....gotta be different....:p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Cause we don't like your kind around here Johnny. Now get!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OUCH!...and from a fellow Texan....my kind..."the kind with multiple bikes"?...."Now get" what...you mean git'?
:p

PS- I AIN'T LEAVIN NEITHER....:yeah:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks....I love a good exchange.:yeah:

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
OUCH!...and from a fellow Texan....my kind..."the kind with multiple bikes"?...."Now get" what...you mean git'?
:p

PS- I AIN'T LEAVIN NEITHER....:yeah:
Indeed, I mistakingly typed "get" instead of the proper term of "git". Please excuse my grammatical error. You should should just "get" rid of that factory shifter and go reverse. All the cool kids are doing it. Are you? Ooooooooh!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"My momma don't let me reverse shift!" Momma say reverse shifters are the devil!
-As soon as Casey Stoner gives me my bike back & pays me for my stuntman pay... (notice how you never see his face behind the helmet in races- yah, that's me!) I'll reverse shift...till then I'm stuck in the squid box with the rest of us posers....Lolol

Ba-dun-bump! Oooowwwww...uhuh, yah, hurts don't it!!

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
"My momma don't let me reverse shift!" Momma say reverse shifters are the devil!
-As soon as Casey Stoner gives me my bike back & pays me for my stuntman pay... (notice how you never see his face behind the helmet in races- yah, that's me!) I'll reverse shift...till then I'm stuck in the squid box with the rest of us posers....Lolol

Ba-dun-bump! Oooowwwww...uhuh, yah, hurts don't it!!
I love going to Starbucks and standing next to my bike and showing people my reverse shifter. What's wrong with that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts