Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I spotted a Desmosedici biposto going down PCH in the midde of Malibu. As I was wondering to myself if I really did see that or just imagined it my buddy (also a huge bike guy) asked me if I just saw the same thing?

I dont get the biposto thing (at least on that particular bike) but to each his own. If the bike is local I will probably see it again and try to get a picture of it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Maybe it was a fake- just bodywork/paint on a 1098 or something. I don't see how a Biposto would even work without totally customizing the bike, then it wouldn't be a Desmo anymore, just another hacked up bike.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Body kit on 1098.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I was on a track in the south of France last week for a 3 day course and there was this guy who had a D16RR with a special exhaust and custom biposto seat on his.
He sold trips around the track: for 70 euro you got 5 laps around the track on the back of the D16 (he was insane fast for a guy who couldn't even lean of etc.)

No pics :( didn't have a camera/phone with me on the track.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was on a track in the south of France last week for a 3 day course and there was this guy who had a D16RR with a special exhaust and custom biposto seat on his.
He sold trips around the track: for 70 euro you got 5 laps around the track on the back of the D16 (he was insane fast for a guy who couldn't even lean of etc.)

No pics :( didn't have a camera/phone with me on the track.
Why couldn't he lean?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Because his passengers don't know enough to lean with him? I dunno ???

·
Registered
620 Posts
I don't quite understand why so many of you claim a biposto D16RR is impossible.

I agree, it would be difficult to achieve with the stock exhaust system because the end pipes point upwards right behind the seat but perhaps the owner had mounted the motogp replica exhaust system to his bike and if that's the case I don't see why the bike couldn't be turned into a biposto.

After all, the motogp replica exhaust system has a different geometry compared to the stock system so it shouldn't be a problem riding two-up on the bike.

I'm not saying I'd do it but it seems feasible to me.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Nothing's impossible, but its a lot more work than new exhaust and a foam pad.

New exhaust

New tail sturdy enough for double the weight

Passenger pegs

Someplace to mount those pegs, and if you plan on those being mounted directly to the tail you better account for the full weight of a person torquing the structure with their full weight on one side when geting on and off.

A custom replacement for your $4000 rear shock

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Passenger legs/knees keep his butt pretty centered and the passenger has to keep his arms around the torso so not very easy to move that either.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't quite understand why so many of you claim a biposto D16RR is impossible.

I agree, it would be difficult to achieve with the stock exhaust system because the end pipes point upwards right behind the seat but perhaps the owner had mounted the motogp replica exhaust system to his bike and if that's the case I don't see why the bike couldn't be turned into a biposto.

After all, the motogp replica exhaust system has a different geometry compared to the stock system so it shouldn't be a problem riding two-up on the bike.

I'm not saying I'd do it but it seems feasible to me.
It's impossible to my thought process:think:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Body kit on 1098.
It was for sure a Desmosedici. At the same location I have seen dogs riding on top of motorcycles going 60mph, motorcycles traveling with 11 foot surfboards, and Lambos with bicycle racks attached to the roof.

·
Banned
935 Posts
?

I havent heard of one around...

Gee-Bee

Attachments

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Dude! What happened to your handgrip? Thats an oem d16rr item it has to be valuable.:D:D:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts