Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FAIRING: The SS with the ~smaller~ lower fairing is an interwebs picture (red bike stand under it) .... the ~larger~ lower fairing is my 1996 900SS/CR (gold frame). What is that smaller lower? Is that a Ducati part, or an aftermarket piece? It appears that it bolts on to the upper fairing, which implies it can be installed on pretty much any '90s "pre Pierre" SS/CR. Either way it looks nice.

FRONT TIRE: The pic of the 750SS is another interwebz pic (the bike with the single front disc) ... I like how the front tire is rather low profile and makes the front wheel appear to be smaller than the rear wheel ... Hmmm .. I suppose it is smaller! I have read that the 750SS of certain model years used a 120/70/17 front tire, but manufacturer can make all the difference when it comes to circumference and profile. In fact, my bike also has a 120/70/17 front tire but it's larger/chunkier looking. If my wheels were black the front tire would look even larger.

By the way, my bike (gold frame) has Pirelli Angel GTs, just to get it said.

Ideas/thoughts/experience?

Thankies! And Happy Father's Day!

:smile2:

Attachments

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy crap ..... very cool. If I recall that's the second time you've referred me to that same company. I suppose I'd do well to look there more often. I know they do the whole ~Demon~ set up, but I see they offer far more now.

THANKS SO MUCH! (yes I'm yelling!). :laugh:

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,164 Posts
Holy crap ..... very cool. THANKS SO MUCH! (yes I'm yelling!). :laugh:
No probs Rex,happy to help if I can.

I've purchased a few cool trick bits for my bike from Ducati Kaemna and every one of them was exceptional quality. Their aftermarket parts definitely aren't cheap,the upshot is you get the solid German build quality that you paid for.

And directly to the correct page as some folks find the Kämna website a little tricky to begin with :surprise::grin2:
Agreed Neil their website is kinda wonky. I've found the trick is you gotta copy the entire English language web page address or the link will simply just take you to the German language home page.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
the 750ss all had 120/60 front tyres. they also had a unique front guard and speedo drive (shared with the 600ss). i think all the 900ss/cr would have had the 120/60 too, as they were a euro 750ss chassis (?)

black wheels and white frame means that's a 92 model.

i don't like the 60 series as, ime, they lead to more rim damage than the 70. all the little monsters ran the 120/60 too.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The mini fairing panels are aftermarket parts from Ducati Kaemna in Germany. I've got a set of them myself but haven't installed them yet.

Click me Rex.>>>>>https://www.ducati-kaemna.com/catalog/ducati/supersport-750-900-1000/verkleidungsteile-sitzbanke-zubehor-fairing-parts-seats-accessories/halbschale-superklein-supersport-ss-97.html

No idea on the tire.
The only thing about that "mini fairing" piece is that it seems to have nothing supporting the very rear-most ends of it. If you hit that link, then click on the picture of the blue bike on that mini fairing page there is tape (as in adhesive tape) securing the rear-most tip of the little fairing. There's no rear mounting bolt nor is there any provision for one. I suppose some sort of tab could be welded to the frame, then bolt the ass end of the fairing to the tab. Another solution may be to fabricate a no-weld cross member of sorts that would attach to the bike's frame (imagine using something along the lines of handlebar clamps as a sortof inspiration), then use a bolt/screw/pin/everwhat to secure the back end of the fairing to that. So there's solutions involving welding, and perhaps some solutions that do not involve welding on the stock frame. Either way, I'd reckon a guess that the rear tips of that very cool little fairing would need to be anchored to the bike's frame.

Since it's fiberglass, there may be some options available there as well. Glass-up some sort of mount(s) that utilize existing cross members of the bike's frame.

Anyhow, just pointing that out.

EDIT: Added the picture as an attachment.

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two words for you my friend..... Adel... Clamp.

https://tinyurl.com/y2tbufc6
Those are precisely what I had in mind. I have a bunch of them in stainless steel, so that's what I was inspired by.

Clearly it will take a bit of fitting, but on aftermarket fiberglass I reckon that's a given.

Thanks for the help! :smile2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts