1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Google Givi

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If you don't find it, try PM-ing Steve with Bevel Head on this forum.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Found it on the web. Anybody know how these babies mount? There are no clear shots from behind.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It is not the same as the Factory windshield. I have a factory windshield. It sucks. Its on the garage on a shelf.
Not the factory windshield..in the accessory catalogue there is a fairing that looks like his.
Want to sell your factory windshield?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
If it's the Givi one, it mounts with stainless steel tabs that insert between the headlight and the fork ears and it is pinched in place by the bolts that hold the headlight on. Works well on my "other Italian".

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it's the Givi one, it mounts with stainless steel tabs that insert between the headlight and the fork ears and it is pinched in place by the bolts that hold the headlight on. Works well on my "other Italian".

http://bevelheaven.com/stuff-for-sale-ex-gt1000-keihan.htm
Two things: First: mighty nice looking Guzzi! Second: by the looks of the gap between the headlight and the fairing on the GT1000 pictured in the above link, there may only be those two bolts holding it on. I think the instrument pod on the GT makes this set up pretty flimsy looking. How does it "feel" on the Guzzi as far as stability goes?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Two things: First: mighty nice looking Guzzi! Second: by the looks of the gap between the headlight and the fairing on the GT1000 pictured in the above link, there may only be those two bolts holding it on. I think the instrument pod on the GT makes this set up pretty flimsy looking. How does it "feel" on the Guzzi as far as stability goes?
The Guzzi is a nice Sport-Touring machine. It's no razor-blade in the twisties, but with that fairing, cruising at 100 mph is comfortable. That fairing throws the air off the rider's body but leaves the helmet in the wind. This is evidenced when encountering rain showers and noticing that the leathers stay nice and dry, up top. Somehow it manages to do this without leaving the helmet in a region of buffet.

As for structural stability, the attachment hardware is stout and the attachment design is solid. There is no perceptible movement of the fairing, at speed. I like this little bikini fairing very much........ and it doesn't look bad, either.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Guzzi is a nice Sport-Touring machine. It's no razor-blade in the twisties, but with that fairing, cruising at 100 mph is comfortable. That fairing throws the air off the rider's body but leaves the helmet in the wind. This is evidenced when encountering rain showers and noticing that the leathers stay nice and dry, up top. Somehow it manages to do this without leaving the helmet in a region of buffet.

As for structural stability, the attachment hardware is stout and the attachment design is solid. There is no perceptible movement of the fairing, at speed. I like this little bikini fairing very much........ and it doesn't look bad, either.
Thanks Brian. That Guzzi is a great looking bike. I'm looking at a Norge for the long rides. I'm glad to hear the fairing is stabil. I think I'll try one on it and see how it works before I paint it red. Thanks for the help and enjoy those great bikes!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts