Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
If you get a ride together and head as far west as Hermann, let me know. I may run out there and meet you guys for lunch, at least.

·
Registered
735 Posts
who's up . . .

How about 9 a.m. for an early start before it gets hot? Where shall we start?

Fred

·
Gateway Moderator
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like Sunday may work better for some folks, so maybe we should plan for then. Ernie suggested south 94, and I like that idea. We could start in chesterfield and work our way down the river, cross, and come back through wine country.

Fred, I like 9 am as well...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Who's up for . . .

Saturday looks less likely to rain, especially before noon. I am riding tomorrow, sunday will probably see rain most of the day. Last time I rode 94, two weeks ago, west of Defiance, water over the road, detour on gravel roads. Don't know latest conditions. Rivers in general are up. Planning to leave around 9 a.m. Three or four hours. Anyone is welcome to tag along.

Fred

·
Gateway Moderator
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saturday looks less likely to rain, especially before noon. I am riding tomorrow, sunday will probably see rain most of the day. Last time I rode 94, two weeks ago, west of Defiance, water over the road, detour on gravel roads. Don't know latest conditions. Rivers in general are up. Planning to leave around 9 a.m. Three or four hours. Anyone is welcome to tag along.

Fred
Where are you starting from? Would send details out via email as well?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Well, don't head to Hermann on my account. I got all antsy in my pantsy and got track-prepped a week early for a Hallett trip next weekend. I'm not street legal.

Post up if you guys head west in the future, though!

·
Registered
735 Posts
who is up. . .

Meet at 9 a.m. Kaldi's chesterfield. Leave 9:30. Have gas, will ride.

Fred

·
Registered
247 Posts
so how was the ride this past weekend guys?? i was sitting at the lake house bored out of my mind till i rode a harley sportster around the lake a couple times (maybe 13 miles max). the thing felt huge and cumbersome at first. i kept wanting to hold onto the bike with my legs. i even tried straightening my legs and pushing up against the back of the seat to get a more solid feel, but it wasn't comfortable. eventually i was able to get the feel of the weight of the bike and it started to feel more flickable at times, but not always. it's weird looking down the road for gravel patches and seeing my feet ;) jeez this had some get up and go too and sounded really nice with a throaty exhaust. all and all i was glad to ride, even if it was a harley.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts