Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Who's got a Sargent Seat?

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  deputydog95 
#1 ·
Just installed mine. Looks like it doesn't fit quite right up front on the sides. It doesn't follow the line of the seat cutout in the plastic. The seat is flush against the bodywork, so it can't come down anymore.

Do they all look like this or did I get a funky one?

Here's a pic....

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

I looked at that pic on their site. It's hard to tell from that angle.

I was hoping to get some feedback from a few people on here that have the seat and can tell me if their seats fit the same way.

I emailed their tech department and I'm still waiting to hear back.

#6 ·
That Swiss Cheese tank protector has got to go. lol. Those remind me of color sanding foam.

As I mentioned on your other post, my tail is in the body shop for painting, but I don't recall having a gap like yours. I think if mine did it would bug me. I'll have to check it out when I get the tail back.

#7 ·
Already pulled that crappy tank pad off. Came with the bike. It looked "okay" without the new seat, but it looks horrible with the new seat. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get all that glue residue off :D

Anybody on here with a 916,996,998 mono with the sargent seat that can take a pic for me? I'll probably need one for comparison to send to sargent if mine turns out to be a bum seat.

#9 ·
I won't have my tail back for about a week. I can help you then.

#12 ·
good find. looks the fitment on these seats just kind of sucks. at least i know it's just not my seat.

sargent needs to do a little more R&D on this product. i'm surprised they sell them with the front being off that bad. it would be a simple fix by extending the seat pan down in the front by about 10mm or so.

#13 ·
deputydog95 said:
Just installed mine. Looks like it doesn't fit quite right up front on the sides. It doesn't follow the line of the seat cutout in the plastic. The seat is flush against the bodywork, so it can't come down anymore.

Do they all look like this or did I get a funky one?

Here's a pic....

I don't like that at all;. Doesn't look finished. It's like looking at the hood on a Ferrari with a big gap between the hood and fender!

#14 ·
I'd send it back for a replacement

#17 ·
sargent seat

Hi, mine fits perfectly, they just look a different fit because the original is a smaller seat. Anyway you have made the right choice, I did 800 miles in one day and my bum was fine it was my knees that were killing me! Enclosed picture is all i have at the moment, will try and post you another tomorrow!

Attachments

#19 ·
i returned it today. i'm having custom corbin made instead.

the fit is 1000x better with the corbin's according to the pics.

i ordered a leather basketweave seating surface, black vinyl side panels, goldrenrod welt (their version of the late model ducati yellow), and the corbin italian flags on the side.

should be pretty sweet. it's going to take around 2 or so weeks to build it. i'll post some pics when it's done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.