Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 900SS needs a refresh, losing a quart every 1000 miles and some oil pooling behind the rear cylinder. I got a great price on a 944 kit with freshly finished barrels from Millennium and Ferracci/Wiseco hi-comp pistons.

Thinking about picking up a used set of heads to rebuild and maybe get some work done to them. Who do people go to these days for head work? Anyone have a pair of V2 heads kicking around on a shelf?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Also, talk to Chris at CA Cycleworks.

PhilB

Reactions: psyopper

·
Registered
772 Posts
these days....

I think Bruce, formerly of BCM, is now with Commonwealth Motorcycles in Louisville KY. He was known to be the "go to guy" for 2V heads.

I have been wrong before, just ask my wife....

Fred

Reactions: psyopper

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
lol...
I think Bruce, formerly of BCM, is now with Commonwealth Motorcycles in Louisville KY
I had to check the post date as Bruce has not been at commonwealth for over 8-9 years. He is still doing work so if you are looking for porting he is a go to guy but being semi retired (only working 60hrs per week) there can be a time delay to get jobs done. Simply stated he is backed up, I know we are building a 1100 race motor together. He also has been building motors for walt seigl so that keeps him on a short leash.

I do not see the benefit to buying a second set of heads why not fix the ones you have? Spend the head money on things like porting and cams. Most shops should be able to do guide replacement and a valve job ( I know I do) so check locally first to save shipping but if you have no luck there are plenty of options. I have seen good work from the west coast with Axtel heads but he died in 09 so I don't think you will have much luck there.

Guy Martin in Quebec is still doing work and J's precision may still do some Ducati work as well.

I will assume you are NOT racing so the bike you are looking for good gains without making things un-reliable. Be careful of mission creep and have realistic goals seat of the pants you can make this bike rip make it fun but there are little gains in going nuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts