1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts

RIP, Philip and Gary.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,195 Posts
Been listening to the Grace Under Pressure album from Rush lately Mike.

Kid Gloves is such a cool song. It has a hooky kind of dance groove to it that you wouldn't have expected from Rush.
Totally underrated tune in my humble opinion. Neil's drumming is so in the pocket on this tune that you can't help but tap your feet along to the beat.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man. I knew Rush would come up when I started this. It hurts so bad. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
NINA SIMONE LYRICS "The Backlash Blues" Mr. Backlash, Mr. Backlash Just who do think I am You raise my taxes, freeze my wages And send my son to Vietnam You give me second class houses And second class schools Do you think that alla colored folks Are just second class fools Mr. Backlash, I'm gonna leave you With the backlash blues When I try to find a job To earn a little cash All you got to offer Is your mean old white backlash But the world is big Big and bright and round And it's full of folks like me Who are black, yellow, beige and brown Mr. Backlash, I'm gonna leave you With the backlash blues Mr. Backlash, Mr. Backlash Just what do you think I got to lose I'm gonna leave you With the backlash blues You're the one will have the blues Not me, just wait and see

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Ya gotta love that. Just listened to Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Zappa today.

·
Official Retired Person
7,221 Posts
We've been playing our local Public Radio station lately just to have something to listen too that doesn't blast out local news more than music.

I'd be willing to bet dimes to donuts that all the writers of all the songs we hear are dead.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Layne Staley, formerly of Alice in Chains, formed this group and put out this song a few years before he died of a drug OD. It's pretty chilling.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts