Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

That is all well and good. - Whomever is crediting my military background, Thank You very much- But that has nothing to do with running a club.
Fred I had asked you last year for your help, to take on a leadership role, and you politely refused. I received a lot of "interest" But no one wanted to take on the necessary steps to meet the DOC Bylaws of running a club. If you want to have a "Club", it takes people stepping up to take on the responsibility to run the club to the standards of the organizing association. I belong to other clubs Fred, just as you do. Porsche club and BMWUSA, etc. and they all have leadership organizations in place in each club. If no one wants to take on responsibility for manning the path the club will take, within the given bylaws of the sponsor body,( DOC), then you don't have much of anything. Just getting together going for rides, doesn't make you a club, not by DOC's Bylaws, which we have yet to get close to. I got really tired with people being blasé about this all last year. I did not take on the role of President for life.. In order to start a club here, where none existed, it needed a President and members. So I applied, named myself President and found members. Only Chris Ryan agreed to help me set it up and take a position and create a website..
If you are unhappy with me, that's fine and I'm glad you've finally said so.
Whoever wants to take this over, is more than welcome. I resign today as President and as a member and I will turn over the all the documents to whomever will take responsibility for it. Otherwise, if no one steps up to take the responsibility, then DOC will close down the Ducati Owners Club of St. Louis and if you want to be a factory club, you can apply for a new charter and start again.
Fred, I appreciate your input, But until you stand up and are willing to take some responsibility, all you seem to be doing is standing on the sidelines making a lot of noise about what should and shouldn't be. You're great at setting up a ride on a Sunday morning, and everyone seems to be behind you, why don't you step up and take over as President and run the club?
If you guys don't want to be a chartered club and run by Ducati's rules, then fine, I'll give up the charter. Because how you're going now, is not fulfilling the charter agreement that has my name on it.
Whoever you decide on to be the President, if you all decide you want to keep the club chartered and in this name, let me know via email to me, not on this forum. And I'll make the necessary arrangements to turn it over to you through the factory.. If I don't hear from anyone about this by the end of the week, I'll notify DOC, that "DucSTL" has relinquished it's charter.
Goodbye and Good Luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Let us do this right!

I am typing this on an iPhone, so please forgive!

I am new to the org, but I have succefully run volunteer organizations before.

We are all here because we have a passion for riding and Ducatis! Duc riders are enthusiasts and tend to ride alone or in small groups rather than what other brands do. We also seem no be Passionate about other things as well.

I am proposing the following- a meeting, Saturday, 8/22 at 10am at my office. Let us vote. Decide on new officers if we choose.

This is important- vocalization means you have accepted ownership of the task, and group expectations will be subject to group inspections. If the club stays chartered- great. If not, then we will be a bunch of people sho ride together, either way, the choice is ours to make.

If we stay chartered, the work performed by Ernie must be acknowledged and appreciated. I have done business with European Companies in Europe and it is an experience.

So shall we meet to get moving?

Gary

·
Registered
766 Posts
take over?

greetings all,

Ernie, I guess my definition of responsibility is different than yours. I believe I set up the meeting in January at the Richmond Heights Community Center, and paid for the room, not you. You did not attend. I believe I set up the meeting at Robert Bullivant's studio and contacted people about it, not you. I believe I made the Ducati Night at the MotoMuseum actually happen and notified George @ Motorrad to help get the word out, not you. I make the rides happen nearly every weekend and I am there, you have not made one ride. I guess that these are examples of me "not" taking responsibility.

Gary, thank you for offering your place for a meeting Aug 22. I will be there to speak my opinion, and I hope everyone else who reads this, will do their best to be there. If you cannot make that date and time, then perhaps, you can have your voice heard by private message, or on this forum.

Fred

·
Registered
127 Posts
Meeting Time

Will 8:30AM or 1:30PM work better?

Either way, this needs to be taken out of the forum and into a meeting.

All who want to be involved need to be there if they are serious about turning this into something we can be proud of.

Ernie, if you are reading- you have done an exceptional job working with the Italians. We need to move on from the challenges, band together, and build this organization into something that can Kick Ass!

There are a lot of Ducatistas in STL- let us start getting along with all of us. The goal is to have a balanced organization- which means a great diversity of people.

Gary

PS- my office is at 10369 Clayton Road, behind Le Chateau.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm in. I think it would benefit everyone to find out just what the DOC bylaws for running a club are, as well as what the charter agreement contains, that way we can make informed decisions on what it will take to have this club succeed. This information will also help those who might be thinking about volunteering, to decide if they can step up to take on the responsibilities required to run the club in accordance with the applicable standards. I'm not sure it would be a good idea to have DucSTL relinquish its charter, as I'm sure Ernie went through some effort to get this far, and starting over will set everything back to square one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fred,

My version of responsibility is the same as yours. With the exception of you refusing to take on any real role in this club when I was trying so many times to organize this thing. Who else wanted the job of President? Who else would take over the process of actually getting this club chartered the way Ducati mandates? I did it. No one helped me. You all want to be members, but not take a role? Fred, you went on your own and set up those meetings and rides. I don't want to have that thrown in my face as you did it without talking to me about it, You called me after the fact each time you decided to take matters into your own hands. Did you step up and offer to help me? NO. You turned me down when I asked you to be VP. Why? You paid for a room, when this club had no money, and I offered to pay you back and you said "don't worry about it". With all that you have done "on your own" then why shy away from a real position? It seems like a coup d'etat, But Fred your leader, why won't you take on the responsibility of a title and a role? I don't get it. Seems like you want to run things, but from the back of the room and not from the front, where a leader should be. I invite anyone to take over. I'm done with it.
And Gary, I don't know where the hell you're from, but you like to talk a lot. You're a Mr.know it all, with a grand scheme to fix things. The first day you show up, like a hustler, going to fix everything. This has been going on since 2007. Get to know the people and history before you come in with your plan to fix it. And man, stop with the B.S. Gary, that's at least twice that you've ridiculed "The Italians". My advice is understand what Ducati & DOC expects from a club, before you ridicule them and by the way I'm Italian and I don't care for your asinine remarks about my heritage, or is that your way of being a funny guy? And Gary, stop already with "we should recognize Ernie's ..blah, blah.." no one likes a kiss ass.
Gary, don't try running this from your business office. Do some work when you're at work and have meetings in the evenings or weekends when others can show up. In Ducati bylaws, if you read them, it specifically says you aren't allowed to mix the DOC Club with any other business enterprise. If any of you ever wanted to listen, and read the actual rules, you'd have an understanding of what the parent organization requires. I'm guessing that means nothing to any of you, so I wish you well dealing with Ducati.
I'll notify Marco in Italy that I've resigned and you can contact him and go from there if you want to have a real DOC Club.
It's been nice knowing you.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I will attend if I am in town. I am a contractor whose work is installing Video on demand and wireless in hotels. So, I travel for work. I took the entire summer off and had a blast. I racked up over 4000 miles since June. I am supposed to go back to work in a week or so. I have no idea how long i will be away or when I will return. It could be a week or several months. I will know more later this week. Ill keep you all posted.

Rob

·
Registered
127 Posts
Personal attacks

Ernie and others,

Now that I have been targeted by nastiness, I feel as always- it is counterproductive. The goal is a functioning club with open, honest, and respectful communication. I seek to provide a central venue to meet, where passions, if aroused, will not cause undo embarrassment. It is also within walking distance of several venues to eat, etc.

I do not have a desire to run stuff, but the club has great disfunction. Meeting, talking, and working together is better.

Gary

·
Registered
247 Posts
Will 8:30AM or 1:30PM work better?

Either way, this needs to be taken out of the forum and into a meeting.

All who want to be involved need to be there if they are serious about turning this into something we can be proud of.

Ernie, if you are reading- you have done an exceptional job working with the Italians. We need to move on from the challenges, band together, and build this organization into something that can Kick Ass!

There are a lot of Ducatistas in STL- let us start getting along with all of us. The goal is to have a balanced organization- which means a great diversity of people.

Gary

PS- my office is at 10369 Clayton Road, behind Le Chateau.
1:30pm works better for me, but i can make it to an 8:30am meeting if need be. how about everyone else?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Either time is good for me. I would prefer that we meet on more neutral grounds. Lets not mix business with pleasure. Much appreciated.

N.B.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Coprob

Didn't know this place was so rough with no rights to talk, etc, our ask questions. Not to hard to figure out whats going on here at least from what little I have been around. Politics = bow before the king,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the king does not need to explain,,,,,,,,you peasents just lesson if not I will resign...................... Holy shit we all work everyday and have to deal with that and family............................and this place to haaaaaaaaaha............We should all be on even ground..........the presidenti runs the show which I understand...................but when the day comes a guy won't even show up are talk to us with out first thing saying I will resign that is a sad thing...................well you can figure out the rest............I think italy would be ashamed of you Ernie.......don't forget to tell them your nuts the reason your resigning. If I am wrong show up here and explain the real problem going on with the club......................This is some real chicken shit stuff going on. Your not starting a Hells Angels deal come on man. Your attitude is what's killing this whole deal. If you need out just say so don't make up excuses........................Do you even own a bike.:eek:

·
Registered
766 Posts
take over. . .

greetings all,

Gary asked me to let everyone know that this meeting at his office has nothing to do with mixing business with the club. It is a centrally located place to meet and discuss our club's future, and nothing else.

The times for the meeting are 8:30 a.m., 10 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 22. Please post your preference for what time suits you best. The majority will prevail. Voting closes next Friday August 21 at 6 p.m.
Then we will all know what time the meeting is before we go to sleep Friday night. If you cannot make any of the times, please post that as well, so everyone can be heard from.

Use the thread " meeting time poll" to let us know what your preference is as to which time works best for you. Pick one of the three times listed.

Fred

1 - 20 of 22 Posts