Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After what I saw I'm 100% sure that this will be my next bike. I might be weird but I do love the looks of the new Multistrada.
It is time to find a new home for my C14 :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
In the end it all depends how the planets line up...Damn I wish I didn't like it.

I like the exhaust, and the black one.

Damn, soon another 20k or so to go.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm in. This bike is a gamechanger.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
There's nothing ugly about the new Multistrada 1200! I love the look and I'll be getting one towards the end of next year, without any doubts. :D

·
Beta Tester
1,957 Posts
i sent a deposit last week for a red standard with hard bags.

for sale;
2006 ST3s

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,715 Posts
<raises hand>

red, sport version, plus a heated grip kit and center stand. i'll supply my own soft bags.

i'm in

·
I hear airplanes
2,601 Posts
1...2...3... NOT IT.

Sorry Ducati, but trying to see how ugly you can build a bike and still sell it isn't working for me.

I wouldn't take a 20K bike offroad, nor one with a 17" front wheel, so that aspect doesn't matter to me. And since it's going to be a road only affair, a K1300S with some side bags would be my choice of rides, should I ever want to spend 20 large on a touring bike.

Yikes, did I mention I thought it was ugly? :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Deposits or no, the first Black (that may change) "S" that arrives at Bend Euro Moto is mine, even if I must share it with the public as a demo for the first few months.

For Sale:

2004 MTS 1000 with Ohlins suspension set up for a 200 pound rider
Pistal 1080 pistons with 10.8 to 1 compression (for pump gas)
DP cams
Ported heads
Blueprinted engine
DP/termignoni full system, the one with the cool headers.
Hypermotard skid plate
Hepco Becker Bag mounts (I am keeping the bags, but will sell you some new ones)
DP touring windscreen
DP comfort seat
Heated grips
Heated vest plug
DP tank bag and tank cover with power sockets added
Pro Taper bars with billet clamps
CRG levers
PIAA lights mounted to DP tourig sheild
Wheels powder coated black (2004's had grey wheels)
Engine covers powder coated low gloss black, swing arm powdercoated indestrucable black wrinkle.
Carbon hugger
Speedy Moto pressure plate and Cover
AFAM quick change sprocket
Theres more.

I do not know if I seriuosly want to sell my Multi, but why would I ever ride it with the new 1200 on the way. Maybe I will transform it into a sidecar rig and ride my dogs around in it with studded tires on snow days.

·
Registered
154 Posts
1...2...3... NOT IT.

Sorry Ducati, but trying to see how ugly you can build a bike and still sell it isn't working for me.

I wouldn't take a 20K bike offroad, nor one with a 17" front wheel, so that aspect doesn't matter to me. And since it's going to be a road only affair, a K1300S with some side bags would be my choice of rides, should I ever want to spend 20 large on a touring bike.

Yikes, did I mention I thought it was ugly? :D
Dude, you have an 800 Intruder Chopper? Defines ugly!

·
I hear airplanes
2,601 Posts
Right...because by somehow seeing that written in text, you can tell exactly how the bike looks.

Typical, post an opinion (I said "I thought it was ugly") in a fan-boy thread and here come the personal attacks :D :rolleyes:

First dealer to mod the bike with a snout-ectomy will probably earn my business. It's got all the stats, but damn.... someone else said it right in another thread, 11th degree of ugliness.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
I think it depends on where you ride. Out here in the West there are many, many mountain and forest roads that turn from pavement into gravel. Some of the most spectacular roads I have ever ridden have been at the end of a gravel section that turns back into pavement!

My ST4s is NOT a bike for gravel roads. Neither, I suspect, is a K1300. I had a Multi 1100s for 10 months last year and I toured 15,000 miles on it. I ended up taking roads that I would have turned around at on my ST4s! I had so much more fun on a Multi than I've had on my ST4s and I've ridden 80K miles on my ST.

The Multistrada 1200 is not and never will be a serious 'off road' bike, but it will be more than capable of tackling the odd gravel road or gnarly forest road. I want a Sport Tourer that gives me options when I tour. I want an ST that lets me head down an unimproved forest road with some confidence when I find one. I want an ST that will carve through the twisties and leave a huge smile on my face. I think the Multi 1200 will fit the bill. :D

·
Ducati Designs
1,124 Posts
The looks certainly are polarizing, but at least Ducati are taking chances! Still, going on specs, it looks like an amazing bike that will cover a lot of ground. So much built-in functionality! Ducati have clearly been listening to customers. If they can produce one bike that covers a bunch of different segments, they've got a winner!

God forbid the lights work, the seat's comfy, and the pegs have grip; the aftermarket is going to rue the day its released!

pg
DD

·
Registered
154 Posts
Right...because by somehow seeing that written in text, you can tell exactly how the bike looks.

Typical, post an opinion (I said "I thought it was ugly") in a fan-boy thread and here come the personal attacks :D :rolleyes:

First dealer to mod the bike with a snout-ectomy will probably earn my business. It's got all the stats, but damn.... someone else said it right in another thread, 11th degree of ugliness.
Oh, I see. You post and opinion (the Multi is ugly) and it's OK. I post an opinion (Intruders are ugly) and it's personal.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
If I had the cash...

Hell yeah, I'd get one! The new Multi is badass, and the're going to sell like hotcakes. Sure, there will always be a few people that think it's ugly, but I defy anyone to show me an "attractive" adventure touring bike. To me, this is the best looking bike in the category...

Tiger?
GS?
V-Strom?
KTM?

All ugly!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
well, not exactly sexy but

If I had the cash...

Hell yeah, I'd get one! The new Multi is badass, and the're going to sell like hotcakes. Sure, there will always be a few people that think it's ugly, but I defy anyone to show me an "attractive" adventure touring bike. To me, this is the best looking bike in the category...

Tiger?
GS?
V-Strom?
KTM?

All ugly!
BMW F800s has that certain, "I can do that better than you" look about it that appeals to the dirt bike kid in me. ATTRACTIVE, yes, depending on definition.

However, that new Multi would be really sweet if they had pulled the beak in and integrated more along the lines of the R1.

http://wallpaper-cute.blogspot.com/2008/09/2009-yamaha-r1.html

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oh, I see. You post and opinion (the Multi is ugly) and it's OK. I post an opinion (Intruders are ugly) and it's personal.
My thoughts exactly. On a side note, who here thinks a BMW 1200GS is pretty? Anyone, anyone, anyone?

·
I hear airplanes
2,601 Posts
The intruder that I built is a chopper/hardtail.... it isn't a stock intruder (hence the chopper), and therefore I took it that way. Since I've got a lot of time building it, and I suppose there was no way of knowing that, I shouldn't have responded that way.

Stock intruders are WAAAY ugly, mine isn't. But the M1200 still is...so there:p

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,715 Posts
On a side note, who here thinks a BMW 1200GS is pretty? Anyone, anyone, anyone?
<raises hand>

i think it looks good, in an industrial/mechanical design sort of way. :eek:

1 - 20 of 147 Posts