Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the 'Who will replace Stoner' thread has been thoroughly flogged, IMO the bigger question for 2013 is who can mount a serious threat to JL? I don't think there is anyone in the paddoc capable now that CS will retire at the end of the current season. Rossi-not likely. Pedrosa-hasn't done it so far. Why would next year be any different?

·
Castle Anthrax
203 Posts
In a dream world, Marquez would be the anointed ONE to take up the HRC mantle and be at the pointy end.

Should be interesting to see if MM is worthy of all the expectations.

Of course one of the current Tech3 boys on a factory Yamaha might be there too.

·
comrade moderator
26,801 Posts
I agree. George is the class of the field and I don't see that changing next year unless Bridgestone rolls out a "Honda" tire.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For as much as the Premier Class has been dubbed 'processional racing' next year is bound to take that notion to the enth degree. People think its boring now, just wait until 2013. Let's just give him the title for next year so we can enjoy the also-ran's duking it out...

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Stoner,

He's not going to retire in second behind George.

He planned to blow away the field, but Yamaha has come on.

You heard it here first.....

B

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stoner,

He's not going to retire in second behind George.

He planned to blow away the field, but Yamaha has come on.

You heard it here first.....

B
Not to mention that Honda's having issues with tires this year.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,738 Posts
I agree. George is the class of the field and I don't see that changing next year unless Bridgestone rolls out a "Honda" tire.
That's a big call with only 6 out of the 18 scheduled races run.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
predictions can be tough one's... many were saying that about Stoner around 3 months ago...
saying to put his name on it already... now look?

Too early to think about next year, this one is far from over.
One mistake, and it can be all tied up... one turn and it all changes...
I'd like to see Stoner give it a fight the whole year... be fun to watch.

·
Registered
514 Posts
That's a big call with only 6 out of the 18 scheduled races run.

+1

All it takes is one small crash for everyone's predictions to go up in smoke. I dont exactly understand how so many people are willing to give up on the season already and crown a champ? We're not even half way through the season!

·
Registered
286 Posts
+1

All it takes is one small crash for everyone's predictions to go up in smoke. I dont exactly understand how so many people are willing to give up on the season already and crown a champ? We're not even half way through the season!
JL is very fast and in the lead.
Yamaha is working very well.

Difficult to stop this combination.

·
7,738 Posts
Yes, let's just cut the crap and crown Lorrenzo now :rolleyes:

·
7,738 Posts
Why, he couldn't beat him on a Yamaha.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One race doesn't make up for all the other, more than obvious, signs that Rossi was rattled by JL. First time in a long time that anybody had done that.

Remember Rossi's antics when teamed with JL? Put up the partition! Hey, Yamaha: Him or Me! I like Rossi, no apologies, but as much as I hate to say it, breaking his leg resulted in one benefit, having a legitimate excuse as to why JL spanked the crap out of him. I may not be a JL fan but I have to admit, he's the future of the sport. Rossi, on the other hand, is part of its history...

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BTW: The only way we'll see Rossi on a Honda is with his own, sponsored satellite team. HRC already made it clear they have no interest in him returning. His own satellite Yamaha team would be more of a likelihood.

·
7,738 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
as things are currently trending, nobody. Not even Stoner, should he change his mind. Yam seems to be improving AND getting along with the garbage Bridgestone is currently handing out. Honda doesn't seem to be doing much of anything. George also seems to be hitting his prime as well. Metronome comes to mind even when in a battle.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
No one! .....however maybe CS had the feeling he would waltz away with the title this year then retire.....that's not happening so far. So I wonder if he would re-think retirement in 2013 of he lost the championship...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts