Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I just found out im leaving the country next wednesday for a "little vacation in the mountains".

I need to get my two bikes (996,998) down to Columbia, SC (Mark at motogizmo) until I get back some time next year.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good bike transport/ shipping company?

Id really appreciated the assistance.

Oscar

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Ahhsk said:
Hey there, I just found out im leaving the country next wednesday for a "little vacation in the mountains".

I need to get my two bikes (996,998) down to Columbia, SC (Mark at motogizmo) until I get back some time next year.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good bike transport/ shipping company?

Id really appreciated the assistance.

Oscar
Amtrak auto train to Jacksonville and then have them picked up there.....

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the idea,

but I really need a door to door service.

Oscar

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Personal service. The owner drives the truck himself. Will pick them up at your house if the truck can make it down your street!

http://www.vandamtrucking.com/

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Wish I could help, but I don't know of anyone other than those in the phone book. Mark is one cool guy, though. He's the only one to ever work on any of my Ducatis.....I do all my own work, now......at least until there is something I don't feel like tackling.

·
Registered
116 Posts
http://www.funtransport.com/

There a allied shipping company/affiliate they got my R6 from Tuson to Aiken SC without any issue of course it was kind of wrecked allready but... They also packup the bike for you and deliver and unpack it for around 520 or so if I recall. They charge 150 extra I belive to do it from home to home but if you can find a bikeshop willing to let them use your parking lot its cheeper.

I sent you a message I live semi-near Columbia wasnt sure if your just visiting or liveing down here.

Good luck with getting your bike where you need it!

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the links

I used to live in SC a few years back, and I still have some friends and family there.

I met Mark at the Ducati dealership in town. That seems like ages ago.

Im looking at ABF shipping right now, pretty decent theyll do both bikes for the price most other places are charging me for one, but Im sure there is a reason for that, haha.

Keep em coming, the clock is ticking!!

Oscar

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Chuck, When did you leave? Youre missing all the fun up here.

I tried uShip. its billed as the eBay of shipping heres a link:

http://www.uship.com/

So far I was quoted $725 door to door for both bikes, which isnt too shabby.

Oscar

·
comrade moderator
26,848 Posts
All the fun...hyuk hyuk hyuk!

I split in mid November, and I friggen love it out here. This weekend I'm off to New Mexico where a good friend of mine owns a racetrack (Arroyo Seco), so...goodbye chickenstrips!

Yeah, that's a good price.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
I'm just trying to imagine where there would be a place in Columbia safe enough to store a 996 and a 998. Have you been there?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts