Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Who should replace Lorenzo?

• Jack Miller

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Danilo Petrucci

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Andrea Iannone

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Tito Rabat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 17.9%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming Lorenzo leaves, and Dovi can sign a new deal to stay....Who should get the factory Ducati ride?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Simon Crafar...

At least we wouldn't have to listen to him speak anymore. :surprise::surprise::surprise:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suppose Chaz Davies could be an option too

as for Petrucci, if he is not promoted then I think he will leave Ducati

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
How about the fast Frenchman. If he’s not promoted to factory, maybe. I don’t see vali retiring yet.

Bob

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
297 Posts
I can't believe at this stage Ducati is still putting so much stock into building Lorenzo a bike... Lorenzo is getting a different chassis this weekend, and Pirro is testing another frame for him over the next month. its almost as if they want to keep JLo..
JLo's ties with Gigi go back to his 250 GP days with Aprilia, they won championships together in 2006 and 2007.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I can't believe at this stage Ducati is still putting so much stock into building Lorenzo a bike... Lorenzo is getting a different chassis this weekend, and Pirro is testing another frame for him over the next month.

as shocking to you (many) as it may be, Ducati/Gigi is trying to build a bike that can win races with more than one rider. Pirro isn't testing a new frame just for JL, it's hoped to benefit both/all (as is always the aim).

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
as shocking to you (many) as it may be, Ducati/Gigi is trying to build a bike that can win races with more than one rider. Pirro isn't testing a new frame just for JL, it's hoped to benefit both/all (as is always the aim).
that may very well have been the initial plan, but Dovi is the one carrying the team (and there brand right now). and with the aero regulations changing next season, Ducati may need to go in a different direction all together with the chassis, so is it all worth it?

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,545 Posts
Miller is doing a far better job on last years bike than JL did last year or is doing this year on his modified 2018 bike so what's the point of persevering with him and ending up with a bike only he can ride and then only when everything is perfect for him and only on certain tracks?
Ducati don't need a one trick pony.

Give the money back Jorge and bugger off somewhere else >:)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Zarco

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
...... it's hoped to benefit both/all (as is always the aim).
...... and with the aero regulations changing next season, Ducati may need to go in a different direction all together with the chassis, so is it all worth it?
re-read my comment above. the problem with the Ducati isn't aero. it's mechanical. so, a new frame (or multiples) IS worth it. again, they need to build a bike that can win with multiple riders.

Miller is doing a far better job on last years bike than JL did last year or is doing this year on his modified 2018 bike so what's the point of persevering with him and ending up with a bike only he can ride and then only when everything is perfect for him and only on certain tracks?
Ducati don't need a one trick pony.
Miller has the benefit of a full season's worth of development and setup data. That's not putting him down, just fact. Comparing how Jack and the '17 NOW vs JL and the '17 THEN (or the '18 now, for that matter) is a moot point.

As for the 'one trick pony', again, that's what Ducati is working away from whether you all want to accept it or not. Regardless of who the frame is for, the development is to get the bike to turn. still. that is something BOTH/all riders have consistently complained about.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts