Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't race far from it, but curious if the clear rain gear the WSBK and MotoGP racers use in wet conditions over there leathers is available to the public, anyone come across this gear?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,751 Posts
the closest thing I've seen is the Respro Slick suit....which I am thinking of picking one up for the track days I am going to in April because they do their course rain or shine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,913 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,751 Posts
grendels_arm said:
Good idea. But they only cover the upper part of your leathers from what I can find. And they cost $100.

Another idea for $27 is this.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/AGVSport_Wave_TwoPiece_Rain_Suit--503490.html

Also I'm thinking something from like Sports Authority for athletes that is weather proof. I don't care if it looks cool or not or hides my leathers. As long as I'm dry. :)
well...Sam...this is where you and I will differ...and I'll tell ya why....since the legs of your leathers tuck into the fairings (except when your knee is out or down)...the plastics protect you and the heat from the engine helps keep your legs drier.....the suits you are looking at are very baggy and tend to flap and drag from wind and make an aweful lot of noise from the flapping and will pull on you when you are accelerating down the straight at higher speeds.....so think about that if you will!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,913 Posts
Wait a second. Your plastics protect you from rain coming downward from the sky? I would think your plastics protect you from the water from the guy ahead of you only. If you're leaned over it would help your thighs though. But the sides of your leathers would get wet. If it was a sprinkle I probably wouldn't bother using raingear. And if it was a downpour I don't think I'm even go out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,751 Posts
grendels_arm said:
Wait a second. Your plastics protect you from rain coming downward from the sky? I would think your plastics protect you from the water from the guy ahead of you only. If you're leaned over it would help your thighs though. But the sides of your leathers would get wet. If it was a sprinkle I probably wouldn't bother using raingear. And if it was a downpour I don't think I'm even go out there.
well....rain comes downward from the sky and I penetrate it going forward with most of it ending up being on my front fairing because I am betting I'll be moving faster than the rain hopefully...and as far not going out in the rain...Cornerspeed runs rain or shine....guess you miss out on a track day then eh?.....rain riding is fun though because of the fun you can have with throttle control and bike reaction if you are careful to not go overboard and set the bike into motions you aren't prepared for...but that is another story.....but riding in the rain is no big deal with the right tires and if you are smooth!...anyways...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zooom said:
the closest thing I've seen is the Respro Slick suit....which I am thinking of picking one up for the track days I am going to in April because they do their course rain or shine!
ah yes Respro Slick, now that you brought it up I did see this in a bike mag.

Google search found this:
http://www.1tail.com/sa/cart/detail.asp?pg={3D3ED279-D0DC-4527-B660-76F6CD57F062}

It would be good for light packing on my long rides, I have Musto sailor bibs for bottoms, but the Musto jacket is big and bulky.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
I bought a rain suit - it's like the Respro but it is a full suit - even has cut-outs for knee sliders. Fits tighter than a body condom... and you can't really wear it if it's over 60 degrees out because you'll sweat to death...

Since I bought it, I've never had rain at a trackday yet - and I'm not complaining either...it's somewhere in my track van.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hank said:
I bought a rain suit - it's like the Respro but it is a full suit - even has cut-outs for knee sliders. Fits tighter than a body condom... and you can't really wear it if it's over 60 degrees out because you'll sweat to death...

Since I bought it, I've never had rain at a trackday yet - and I'm not complaining either...it's somewhere in my track van.
Well Hank sounds like that rain suit you bought works just fine, the company should pay you for that endorsement. Keeps the rain away from track days! We could sell it in the UK and be milli aires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
I have a respro. The only skin tight, full body suit I have ever seen in person was an Alpinstar. But I have never been able to find it sold by anyone [an instuctor @ K Schwantz had it]

I'd be interested in the one you bought Hank...dig it out and tell us who makes it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
blade625CT said:
I have a respro. The only skin tight, full body suit I have ever seen in person was an Alpinstar. But I have never been able to find it sold by anyone [an instuctor @ K Schwantz had it]

I'd be interested in the one you bought Hank...dig it out and tell us who makes it.
I'll look for it next time I am at the garage where I store the van & bikes....

Living in NYC, my garage is quite a distance away... it sucks!
 

·
MultiModerator
Joined
·
1,419 Posts
hank said:
Since I bought it, I've never had rain at a trackday yet
I would like to buy the suit off you, on second thought my only podium last year was in the rain...

I've actually never been too bothered by the rain. Usually I'll wear my old suit for practice, switching to my better suit for the races. The sprints are fairly short so you don't get very wet, unless it's a real downpour.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top