Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's race was far from boring, but rather quite exciting with a true battle to the very end. The championship points situation is now really interesting as well, with THREE riders tied for 1st place. That really sets things up nicely for Assen. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Yes I have to agree...

I'm taking my daughter to Assen with a pair of premium tickets (riding our Duc of course:cool:).

·
Registered
321 Posts
Great fight between those 2 guys. Close racing as you normally only see in the 125. I enjoyed watching it sooooooo much. Have fun at Assen!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have to agree...

I'm taking my daughter to Assen with a pair of premium tickets (riding our Duc of course:cool:).
I should be going also, but whether I ride there or not depends on whether my wife comes with me. Three hours there and three hours back as a passenger on my 848 just isn't something she'll do. I can't wait, especially if the racing is as good as it was this round.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Pretty intense. I thought the local was gonna win, but as my roomate pointed out so elegantly after the pass, you can't ever forget about the Doctor! Excellent racing and the championship point outcome is quite funny as well.

Turns out Stoner is coming down with a sickness and it was causing him great fatigue. His finishing position was brilliant due to what he had to deal with. Its upsetting he wasn't in tip-top shape like saturday, he would have probably been up front with the others.

It was a great race though, I'm gonna watch it again later... :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Yes Stoner looked awful after the race and had his head bowed during the podium press conference. Amazing effort considering. Good news for Nicky but still 10th is far below his and his team's expectations.

In the most exciting MotoGP race for quite some time, Valentino Rossi passed his teammate and fellow Fiat Yamaha rider to take the lead on the final turn of the race for his 99th win during the 6th round of the 2009 MotoGP Championship and taking him into an unprecedented 3 way joint lead of the series alongside Lorenzo and Marlboro Ducati’s Casey Stoner. Details here

·
Registered
698 Posts
Mind Blowing stuff. Rossi re-passing Jorge on the brakes, on the outside end of the home
straight was insane. Jorge has to be kicking himself for not closing the door on the last turn - just when the commentators were relaying how Jorge had stated earlier that who ever leads going into the last 2 turns will win.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I was hoping Lorenzo would stuff his ass into next week oh well............good duel, I guess I can live with the result, as Lorenzo said, there are many races to go.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Fantastic! I don't remember the last time a GP race stirred up this much excitement!

Fantastic! (Oh, wait, I already said that!)

·
Registered
862 Posts
That was a great battle kinda like what the days before traction control almost. Best race I have seen since Laguna last year. Just a question I am curious of. Are there any Lorenzo fans out there that are not 15 year old girls? He is an awesome rider but I really hate his punk attitude.

World Superbike has had a few good races as well. Ben Spies will not win the championship but he sure is effecting it and making it interesting. Suzuki has to regret letting him go.

Once again a great race.

·
9,757 Posts
That was a friggin sweet race. I was kinda disappointed how they didn't show any of the other battles throughout the field but how could you blame them the moment 46 and 99 were riding their hearts out?

I loved it in the end when Rossi pointed to the 99 plate on J.Lo's bike (it was Rossi's 99th win). It was also awesome when Rossi went up to J.Lo to congratulate him and ole George Lawrence was like "wait till next race". It's on at Assen guys. It's fuckin on like Donkey Kong.

ps, who else thinks Stoner kinda overdid it with the the heat stroke symptoms?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
That was a great battle kinda like what the days before traction control almost. Best race I have seen since Laguna last year. Just a question I am curious of. Are there any Lorenzo fans out there that are not 15 year old girls? He is an awesome rider but I really hate his punk attitude.

Once again a great race.
I thought the same thing untill meeting him at Indy. He spent more time hob nobbing with fans than anyone except Colin Edwards. In interview he comes off a little cocky, I think its because he want to put on a show though.
either way the guy is a great racer and will be world champ one day... honestly I think this might be his year.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
GOAT and I mean the race!!

A superlative example of racing at its best.Young 'yorge' must be just burning that the 'old man' out foxed him in a turn he admitted he had not even considered as one of the usual overtaking turns. A turn that Rossi admitted in his interview that he had dreamed about for 2 weeks! So I raise a cup to veteran experience, And a couple of freakin good Yamaha's. Now if Capirossi could get 10 more Hp!!!:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts