Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And well nuts for the xx9 windscreens? I know it's the Options Italia part number 101-107 from Lockhart Philips, but who sells it online?

Also, for those of you who have replaced your wind screens on the xx9 bikes...

I have a Zero Gravity sitting here, but the bottom half of it isn't tinted like it is from the factory...so now that I'm getting rid of the parking light I'm going to have this gaping hole from where the parking light wiring comes through the head light housing. What have y'all done to hide this? Sure, I can paint the inside of the windscreen, but I'm worried about longevity. Don't want to end up with scratches a few months from now and flaking paint.

I got the wind screen for next to free so I'm interested in using it since I'm wanting a double bubble anyways.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't know about the screws. But for the windscreen you could use tint film on the inside of the screen. It won't flake and shouldn't scratch easily.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Check out www.oppracing.com . They sell Lightech windscreen bolts in lots of colors. They are also a sponsor here. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, but those are different from the ones that fit the xx9 bikes.

Those fit the SS quite well though!

I'm guessing that no one that's posted thus far has noted that the xx9 bikes came with a more subtle well nut for the windscreen than the standard well nut like what's being posted here?

It's a much better looking well nut. Maybe I'll try and get a picture of one of them tomorrow morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts