Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a slipper clutch on their ST's?

If so, why & what, tell us about them.

Craig

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Slightly off topic, aren't you leaving for the UK quite soon Craig ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone running a slipper clutch on their ST's?

If so, why & what, tell us about them.

Craig
I have an STM on my ST4S. It really settles the bike when down shifting hard. You can fell it kick in and bike remains totally composed. Highly recommended if you are riding fast in the twisty's.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slightly off topic, aren't you leaving for the UK quite soon Craig ?
Yes Mark, flying out of here 1st June, can't effing wait. Arrive Isle of Man same day (time zones), 9 days or so on Isle of Man, then we are going to trip about Wales & Scotland, killing a week, then do Silverstone Moto GP, then down to Bologna to visit factory during World Ducati week.

Back to topic, what brand of slipper & what would I expect to pay for one while I am in UK or Europe?

Thanks

Craig

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an STM on my ST4S. It really settles the bike when down shifting hard. You can fell it kick in and bike remains totally composed. Highly recommended if you are riding fast in the twisty's.
Why did you choose the STM over the others?

Thanks

Craig

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes Mark, flying out of here 1st June, can't effing wait. Arrive Isle of Man same day (time zones), 9 days or so on Isle of Man, then we are going to trip about Wales & Scotland, killing a week, then do Silverstone Moto GP, then down to Bologna to visit factory during World Ducati week.

Back to topic, what brand of slipper & what would I expect to pay for one while I am in UK or Europe?

Thanks

Craig
Been a few years.....oh crap like 13 or 14 wow...Since i was on the Isle of Man. Went to watch the FIM Trials.
Spent a whole day in a Museum on top of the hill just drooling over former race bikes most were custom builds on loan. My favorite was a 8cyl using chain saw cylinders. The train conductor called up to the museum to ask if "That Yank" was still there as he had not seen me on the train and this was the last one. The whole train waited for me to run down the hill to the train station.
Very nice people on the Isle. Got to get back their to see the TT some day.

I've riden the TT course at legal speeds and holy crap....Now I want to do it at 1/2 race speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts