Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got an e-mail from someone identifying themselves as "Down Clothing." It appears to have come through FRAPPER. It asked me if I'd agree to be on DOWN CLOTHING's "friends" list. Tried to contact FRAPPER to ascertain who this is but got no response. Never seen that name on this list and it does not show up on the FRAPPER map. Anyone know who this is?

bruce19

·
Registered
401 Posts
No idea on that one.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
bruce19 said:
I recently got an e-mail from someone identifying themselves as "Down Clothing." It appears to have come through FRAPPER. It asked me if I'd agree to be on DOWN CLOTHING's "friends" list. Tried to contact FRAPPER to ascertain who this is but got no response. Never seen that name on this list and it does not show up on the FRAPPER map. Anyone know who this is?

bruce19
The spammers have found Frappr.

Tony

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
bruce19 said:

bruce19
Duc-MS members are so NOT WITH IT & UNCOOL... Must I educate all of you :mad:

Just kidding, so calm down and don't flame me.

DOWN CLOTHING COMPANY is just that, a purveyor of clothes [nothing Duc-MS members would wear].

That was an invite to add yourself to the Frapper map, where they are located, I think in the L.A. area. [That's Los Angeles, not Lower Alabama].

It was indeed SPAM, just a creative [but still unlawful] way of marketing their name and product. I think they chose the Frapper means as a way to get around SPAM laws [they are asking you to be a member of ....., as opposed to soliciting. Works, as they got you to ask about them].

As to friends list, check out myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=1234783

and

http://downclothing.com/

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
RotoRooterGuy said:
DOWN CLOTHING COMPANY is just that, a purveyor of clothes [nothing Duc-MS members would wear].
I want a "hoodie"! Just the thing for riding on a cool day. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts