Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at 60k miles I think it wouldn't hurt to change the fuel filter. Trying to figure things out but diagrams are unclear.

Between filter, pump and base, is it corrugated plastic hose or rubber submersible hose? Reusable or I should change them?

Does someone know the size of the oetiker clamps? Don't feel like paying 10x the price through dealer.

Same for fuel filter, is there a replacement part number?

Can I re-use the oring around the base or should I change it?

Something I should be aware of?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
O ring on Ebay 7 quid. Buy some ear clips and a tool for the hose inside. Not even sure why you are faffing with it. It probably doesn't need a filter.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
with the plastic tank the filter gets a lot easier time than in a steel tank, but if it has done 60,000 miles i'd replace it.

i think the hose from pump to filter is rubber and needs a 14mm or so clamp. the hose from filter to outlet is the plastic one, and it's a smaller clamp - 10mm or so maybe. in wurth terms i use a 0541155 on the pump side and 0541123 on the outlet side.

altho it looks like the 848 has the kl97 filter and two of the smaller clamps. don't think i've done one in an 848.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Faffing? It's quite the opposite really. Asking beforehand to have parts in stock to minimize downtime.

So beside your useless answer I found the size of oetiker clamps, 15.7mm (or 14.5 could do) thanks FAQ.

My question about hoses between filter, base and pump still remain. Do I need to buy anything?

Can I use oring again?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
After 10 years in the SF forum one useless answer isn't bad.
I'll leave you to look for the part numbers seeing as I know fuck all.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts