Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I am a sales guy on the road and I have done 25 000 Kilometers in one year on my Hyper. I am going to use this machine up too soon. How many kilometers can you do on this machine. At this rate in 3 years I will do 75000 km. Whats the maximum miles you have heard of on a Hyper? :abduct:

·
Banned
71 Posts
3 months and ive got over 6000 miles(about 9500 kilometers) on mine, better start riding more or im gonna catch up

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've got 30,000k 2years...

I've been lucky overall the bike been great... Im expecting to put another 15k-20k this year... have fun...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had mine since May 09. Got it with 1200 miles on it. I have a total of about 3k on it. It's too hot to ride in SOuth Florida right now...cooler months coming.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Just turned 9200 mi. One loose kickstand bolt, thats it.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
11,000mi total of which 1,200mi on my big-bore motor of death :D Aloha Alex

·
Registered
255 Posts
Pilot, you will be good guide to reliability for this forum :)
Judging from the replies you will have heaps of k's in no time, what servicing do you do, use the dealer?? by the book?
Mines only got 11,000km in the past year but they'r eonly weekend km's as I also use 2 other bikes and drive to work everyday, but I've put my rack back on to carry an extra 5litre fuel as I'm now doing 1000km each weekend to my weekender, so it be good to hear how you go.
Be a fun time for you though,I'd love to ride to work but its not convenient for me,pity. enjoy!
Oh, I think there's no "limit" to an engine with correct servicing, I've heard of some GS/BMW with over 500,000 miles with only common wear/tear replacements, others not so lucky though...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love riding this Machine

HyperPete. I just love riding this bike. It is the perfect for what I use it for. I am mostly in traffic and zip from one gap to the next. As you know this bike loves Zipping. I fitted some Zard Pipes and a Ducati Racing Performance ECU after the first 5 months of riding. Other than that no mods. Also no problems. I service at the agents here in Cape Town and the only thing so far they have changed it Oil, Oil filters and the cam belts. Cam Belt change is on the 24 000km service. So far thats it. The riding style of this bike just suits me 100%. I have never felt a sore ass or back. My friend bought a 1100 Monster and he complains of Monster Balls and the palms of his hands get sore. I don't have any of that. Some days I ride from 8 in the morning until 5 in the afternoon. Stopping ever 2 hours or so (at clients). I have also done some FAST breakfast riding with the 1098's and they can't get rid of me. On the open flat roads I duck down and I can do 200Km/h. I don't like to do that. Give me the short sprints and mountain passes. That where I irritate the 1098's. Mostly my use is every day and about 150km per day. That's why I bought it. PERFECT BIKE FOR ME !! Also still looks like new after 25 000km

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought my new Pearl Hyper on August 18th and have almost 1,800 miles (4,000km) on it and couldn't ride one weekend 'cause family was in town. I am in LOVE with my new Italian mistress. Only concerns are a weird click/snap between neutral and first gear and weeping oil leaks at the rear cylinder cam cover and somewhere toward the front of the tranny cover. HMMMMM Anyway, the bike runs like a bat outta hell and handles like a dream. I'm up for new tires in about 750-1,000 miles and am going to probably go with either Pirelli Sync's or Michellin Pilot Road 2C's. I have also really enjoyed accessorising the girl. She is ALL MINE! Ride On!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You Jokin

KEDO Dude. Are you serious. Oil leaking !!!!. Surely the bike is still under guarantee. I would take the bike back to the dealer and tell them you want new one. Also there should be no Click / Snaps between Neutral and First. Take it back. NOW !!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts