Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find that picture of the Cortech bag for the back of the Hyper. I saw 2 pictures of 2 different types mounted on Hypers. I've been searching, but can't find them. One was a single bag mounted on the rear of the seat, and the other was like saddle bags that hung over the seat and tied to the passenger pegs.

Could you post the link to that thread, or pictures?

Yesterday, I found the best road to ride, and it runs along the best Trout fishing stream in the state. So, now I want to rig my bike up to ride & fish....:p

Thanks...:D

·
Registered
377 Posts
I can't find that picture of the Cortech bag for the back of the Hyper. I saw 2 pictures of 2 different types mounted on Hypers. I've been searching, but can't find them. One was a single bag mounted on the rear of the seat, and the other was like saddle bags that hung over the seat and tied to the passenger pegs.

Yesterday, I found the best road to ride, and it runs along the best Trout fishing stream in the state. So, now I want to rig my bike up to ride & fish....:p

This it?

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog/Sport-Saddlebags-p-149_31.html

I think I'm going to order the tail bag for myself. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think so. But someone here has a pic of it mounted on their Hyper. I want to see it before I order one. BTW, they are much cheaper on ebay for that same bag.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm wondering if it will mount well on the DP luggage rack. Those pics have it on the seat.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are the bags I'm looking for mounted on a Hyper.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Werloc,

I have the mini tank bag and the wedge just like in the picture. You are gonna have a little trouble getting a set of waders, boots, and a rod and misc. gear in there, but it does pack more than you think.

Anyway, I like the saddlebags, but you need to be real careful with riggin them to keep htem off the exhaust. I remember the early Hyper days, where someon caught there bike on fire due to a saddle bag or duffle style bag getting up against the exahust.

You might just want to go with a small tail bag and a backpack.

I just bought a 7 piece rod that breaks down to about 20 inches in the rod tube from Cabelas.........very nice. They are on sale now for $140.

Out!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Camp fire, no bike fire...lol Yeah, I just may have to do that. I still want to see that PIC. I think it's just in a random thread. I seached Luggage, Bags, and went through the whole picture thread. I know I saw it within the passed 2 weeks.

AXE, you have a link to that rod? It would be nice to have one break down to 20". I won't always take my fly rod on the bike.:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
When I go pluggin' for largemouth bass I use velcro straps to attach my 2 piece rod on the frame. Tip end starts where the frame sliders mount and the reel end is up at the back just in front of the exhaust heat shields. 3 straps and its not moving. The Cortech tail bag would be great for the tackle...hmmmm...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Cortec bag

Werloc,

I have the expandable bag pictured on the thread above, with the bag expanded, I can fit a full size lap top computer, a small soft case folding briefcase, a pair of docker dress slacks, a pair of dress shoes, socks, a fast lane transponder, my wallet, a hair brush, my lap top power supply and finally, my mouse.

A few more small bits could be fit in the bag if necessary. As I have been known to wet a line from time to time, I would think that you could roll up a set of waders easily and place them in the bag, if the waders do not have sewn in boots. If you have separate wading shoes, I would think the shoes would fit well and the waders could be rolled up and placed as well. As for the rod, If I were looking to combine two of the best methods of recreation, I would probably look to the multi piece Orvis travel rod and travel tube combo, which could be strapped to the cortec bag as the cortec bag has the shoulder strap hooks on on side and the other side of a bungee could go to the frame.

I can think of no better excuse to upgrade some of my fishing gear....thanks for the thought...now to convince the real boss.....

By the way, the bag is pretty big and takes up large amount of room on the seat and when full, kind of acts like a lower back rest.

Best regards,

Joe

·
Registered
125 Posts

Carrying the pole will be interesting....

But anyway, how about a Kriega US-20? http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?p=516315&highlight=kriega#post516315

It expands quite a bit more that you can see in the pic, and the upside if you're fishing is that the whole interior, which is a nylon bag basically, is removable.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I got a nice cargo net with smooth plastic hooks, took the hooks off one side and zip tied it to the holes in the tail light mount under the seat. I replaced the seat bolt with an M6 wingbolt for no tools removal. The net will hold my gym bag, a cheap DVD player bag I use as a small tail bag(looks good too) and more, and will keep both on the seat and prevent scratching the paint on the wing. I wad the net up ubder the seat when not needed. We are going on a little weekend road trip up through NY state in a couple weeks, and I have a $15 waterproof river duffle that the net holds fine.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
When I go pluggin' for largemouth bass I use velcro straps to attach my 2 piece rod on the frame. Tip end starts where the frame sliders mount and the reel end is up at the back just in front of the exhaust heat shields. 3 straps and its not moving. The Cortech tail bag would be great for the tackle...hmmmm...
Hmmm, never considered Canada as largemouth country.Northerns and muskies...Now that looks like fun!!!
Sorry for the hijack, I know this isn't a fishing forum.:p

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Carrying the pole will be interesting....

But anyway, how about a Kriega US-20? http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?p=516315&highlight=kriega#post516315

It expands quite a bit more that you can see in the pic, and the upside if you're fishing is that the whole interior, which is a nylon bag basically, is removable.
That pic of the Kriego US-20 is on my bike. It's a nice bag but you basically have to remove it to load and unload it, so it's not very convenient. I think I like the Cortech tail pack better, and it looks a lot nicer if you get the matching Cortech side bags.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i've got a cortech tank bag from when i used to ride a triumph tiger. guess what, it fits on the tail of the hyper pretty nicely. i had to get a little creative with the straps, but it all worked very well. put a bungee net on top of it to hold a tent and sleeping bag. with my backpack full of clothes it was something like being a passenger on a goldwing!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Werloc,

Is this the pic your looking for?

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48173&d=1242626308

We'll see how this little trip in a couple weeks goes as far as luggage. I like those Cortech saddle bags myself and if I do a few trips a year it may be worth it. I figured getting some high temp pipe insulation and making a sleeve for the pipe where the bag can touch, something you can take on and off as needed. Doesn't even have to look good as it will be hidden by the bag. You should only have to worry about the right side with the stock exhaust, the LVs stick out a bit more on each side.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had been using a Touratech tailbag on my Multi (which fit perfectly on the pillion seat) and have found that it works even better on the Hyper!

The front straps go neatly around the subframe (even have little flaps to protect the seat material), and the rear straps criss-cross neatly under the tail wing. The bottom of the bag is a shiny, but SUPER grippy vinyl that sticks to, but won't mar the tail wing paint. It takes less than 2 minutes to strap it on and, once it's on there, it doesn't move an inch.

I didn't take a picture, but the bag has a double zipper that allows it to expand to 2x the height. I can fit a fully-stuffed plastic "grocery shopping" bag in there when it's expanded.

Not as flashy as the Axio tail pack, but looks pretty good. It's not cheap!! But Touratech stuff is great quality, and it feels like it will last forever.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.lasso?sku=055-1213

I do like the Cortech Super Mini tank bag, and may pick one of them up for times when my wife rides pillion!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts