Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
any members with experience with Mountain Motorsports Roswell GA?

i'm thinking about buying a bike from them over the phone.

any feedback about the dealer is highly appreciated!

thanks,
dc

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I spoke to the sales manager Al to review the purchase:

First, their add mentioned "will ship", which was not the case.

Second, asked if they could suggest a shipping company I was referred to google.

Third, I asked what the best price would be and if they can send me a purchasing contract. He indicated a $500 service charge on top of the advertised price, which was his best price.

Intresting pricing strategy. I would call this falls advertisement or bait and switch.

Very poor first impression.

·
Registered
393 Posts
No direct experience with them. A friend needing to replace a front fork oil seal on his 1199 was quoted $750 by them!!! (he eventually got both forks done for $200 elsewhere).

I wouldn't go in there. If I need something done on my 1199 that I can't handle, I'll take it to dealers 100mi+ away rather than over to Roswell (15mi).

·
Hammer Down
1,703 Posts
I wouldn't go in there. If I need something done on my 1199 that I can't handle, I'll take it to dealers 100mi+ away rather than over to Roswell (15mi).
Where do you go up to Touring Sport? I just moved to Roswell from Greenville about a month ago so I know them very well. I can tell you their pricing for basic services are about half of what Ducati Atlanta or DucShop charges.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Where do you go up to Touring Sport? I just moved to Roswell from Greenville about a month ago so I know them very well. I can tell you their pricing for basic services are about half of what Ducati Atlanta or DucShop charges.
Don't know about Touring Sport. My only interaction with them was with buying a Speed Triple last summer. No point of reference with regards to their Ducati techs.

Aside from engine internals I can pretty much do all the service needed/required. I had been using NPR Ducati in Athens. But they closed their doors a year ago. I haven't needed any serious service since then. If I'm faced with it, I'll have to talk to my network of Duc friends.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
We Georgia riders need to do a Crowd Sourcing fund raising and buy Riders Hill in Dahlonega and turn it into a Ducati shop...

Like the saying goes:
"Want to make a small pile of money in the motorcycle business?
Start with a large pile of money."

·
Hammer Down
1,703 Posts
Don't know about Touring Sport. My only interaction with them was with buying a Speed Triple last summer. No point of reference with regards to their Ducati techs.

Aside from engine internals I can pretty much do all the service needed/required. I had been using NPR Ducati in Athens. But they closed their doors a year ago. I haven't needed any serious service since then. If I'm faced with it, I'll have to talk to my network of Duc friends.
Ah, wasn't sure who you were talking about that was 100+ miles away. I'm pretty familiar with Touring Sport, they had a crack Ducati Master Mechanic who left to do other things and while I'm sure they would be okay, I can't speak to anything specific. I spoke with the folks at DucShop the other day and they seem on the ball.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ducshop has a good reputation though I've never had any dealings with them before. I always went with Mike Long, Paul Bunde, and John Hoffman (when he was still around/alive). Mike is with Charlotte Ducati these days I understand, Paul not currently in the business, and Hoffman died some years back. With the exception of Ducshop (who aren't an official Duc dealer), choices are rather thin in Atlanta area.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have only heard about not going to MMS. They won't pay the techs much so the good ones were run off. They come in and buy existing dealerships and its all about volume. Mark at the DucShop is probably the best around and he is expensive. I trust him more than anyone.

·
Hammer Down
1,703 Posts
I have only heard about not going to MMS. They won't pay the techs much so the good ones were run off. They come in and buy existing dealerships and its all about volume. Mark at the DucShop is probably the best around and he is expensive. I trust him more than anyone.
Mark took a lot of time to answer some questions I had about things. I'll probably use him, I just wish he was closer.

·
Registered
891 Posts
If you are looking for a good Ducati shop around the Atlanta area, I would recommend msp cycles as well as the ducshop. I've been using them whenever I need any work done on my sport classics or my thruxton and have been very happy with them. They are located in Decatur right off of 285.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts