Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a policy with Progressive although i do not particularly like their quote.
Allstate's quote was a joke and not a good one at that.

Have gone to Foremost for a quote.

Who covers our 900SS at a reasonable rate?

I like good coverage and am willing to pay a little to go with a decent company- meaning pays when it is needed....

Thoughts?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've looked at them all in the last two weeks :confused: , varies from state to state. Living in Texas two motorcycles '08 BMW k1200S & '08 1098S, DairyLand was quite a bit cheeper than the rest :D .

Ride Safe,
Steve

·
Registered
51 Posts
i'm 29 and just got my first speeding ticket 4 months ago, Geico covers up to 15k (towards repairs on my bike) on my 93 ss with a 250 deductable plus property and personal injury for 63 every 2 months

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sf

State Farm all the way! Cheapest rates AND they cover you for track days!:D
I pay $35 a month on my 1098 full coverage

·
Registered
68 Posts
+1 for State Farm!

I am 27 with a clean record, full coverage and I pay $19 a month. You get discounts for multiple vehicles, accident free, loyalty and the best customer service hands down! Nice thing about State Farm is I try to ride year around so they spread your coverage over the full year, not charging you more for the riding months and nothing on the winter months. You'd be suprised how much riding you can get done in Colorado in December :D.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
insurance

Insurance is a real bugaboo...They use driving habits,years driving,geographic location,age,phases of the moon,credit report,etc...
SO it pays to shop..
I have Allstate,my Credit Report is above excellent,I have never had a Speeding ticket or accident...or any claims in several decades of driving...
Allstste is about 280.00/yr
State Farm wanted over 500.00 for same coverage...AAA was more...
For me Allstate was lowest...I have a 1996 900SSCR...Married w/2 kids..
I live in the country...coverage for bike is 4000.00 and 3000 for accessories..
I have Carrozzeria Forged Al. Rims,41mm Flats,aftermarket headlight/bodywerk,custom suspension,etc etc...
Now I need to see what AARP can do for me!!
Mike S
1996 900SSCR
2010 Camaro SS(next year)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up with Dairyland. By far the best quote and the coverage is better than Progressive.

Allstate gave a low quote on the phone but said I ahd to go the office, where the quote magically trippled! Apparently telling them it as a 900SS and giving the VIN made them realize it was a sport bike.

OBTW, my customer status is in the best category on all parameters.

·
Registered
87 Posts
State Farm for me. About $22 a month in Indiana, although with a lot of discounts: I have everything through them, >26 years old, married, few claims, good record, been with them a long time, etc.

Always had great service too.

Definitely worth looking into.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts