Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What insurance provider do you have giving you peace of mind if something were to happen to your tard? What kind of coverage is a must but is also cost effective? What do you pay a month?

I've been with Progressive for about 5 years now and quoted a '11 hypermotard for about $1,300 a year (Full Coverage) I know its a Ducati but I never paid over $650 for my Toyota Corolla (Full Coverage). Just trying to get insight on how to properly insure my Hypermotard without getting jipped. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Smith & Wesson
:D

No seriously, I have all my bikes with McGraw:
McGraw Direct

I pay $275 per year for my Hyper796 ($1000 deductible).
My annual mileage is very low since I only ride it on weekends.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Rider insurance. i pay 862/year for full coverage of my Evo SP.. i should be eligible for a discount on my 26th birthday (in August of this year) so we'll see what it drops down to at that point.

·
Upright Racer
889 Posts
Progressive $700/year full coverage $250 deductible which includes liability on my GSXR600 as well. Age and location have a lot to do with insurance costs. If theft is an issue near your zip code, that will make premiums go up. I do however get a home-owners discount, multi-policy discount since I have an auto policy as well, and multi-bike discount since both my bikes are on the policy. When I added the GSXR, my insurance actually dropped $75 a year.

·
Registered
520 Posts
State Farm - liability only - about $120/year

·
Registered
236 Posts
Springfield Armory :D

$569.00 per year with Geico. Full coverage, $500 deductibles.

Age, location, driving history, credit history, age of the bike, etc, etc all play a part in the rate.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to see people are using progressive but why is my policy so expensive?

Help me modify my policy?

Bodily Injury: [] $25,000 person/$50,000 accident
Property Damage: [] $10,000 property damage
Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury: [] $25,000 person/$50,000 accident (Unstacked)
Medical Payments: [] No coverage
Transport Trailer: [] No coverage
[] Vehicle coverages for 2011 DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 7
Physical Damage Options: [] Actual Cash Value
Comprehensive: [] $500 deductible
Collision: [] $500 deductible
Disappearing Deductibles: [] Selected
Roadside Assistance: [] Selected
Accessory coverage: [] $3,000 (Included)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Glad to see people are using progressive but why is my policy so expensive?

Help me modify my policy?

Bodily Injury: [] $25,000 person/$50,000 accident
Property Damage: [] $10,000 property damage
Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury: [] $25,000 person/$50,000 accident (Unstacked)
Medical Payments: [] No coverage
Transport Trailer: [] No coverage
[] Vehicle coverages for 2011 DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 7
Physical Damage Options: [] Actual Cash Value
Comprehensive: [] $500 deductible
Collision: [] $500 deductible
Disappearing Deductibles: [] Selected
Roadside Assistance: [] Selected
Accessory coverage: [] $3,000 (Included)
How old are you and what's your driving record? Other than the disappearing deductibles, your policy doesn't seem very extravagant. Have you shopped around?

State Farm here, $468 a year with $500 deductibles.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Progressive $700/year full coverage $250 deductible which includes liability on my GSXR600 as well. Age and location have a lot to do with insurance costs. If theft is an issue near your zip code, that will make premiums go up. I do however get a home-owners discount, multi-policy discount since I have an auto policy as well, and multi-bike discount since both my bikes are on the policy. When I added the GSXR, my insurance actually dropped $75 a year.
They also give a discount if you pay your annual bill in full.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
State Farm - Full coverage, $19 month, $500 deductible.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Foremost: $360/yr for full coverage; $500 deductable

The Foremost rep told me they get a discount for ducatis. Plus they classify the hyper as a dualsport which probably helps. All the other ins. companies were quoting me at least double what I am paying now

·
Registered
91 Posts

The Foremost rep told me they get a discount for ducatis. Plus they classify the hyper as a dualsport which probably helps. All the other ins. companies were quoting me at least double what I am paying now
:yeah:what he said, I've had Foremost since the day I picked up the Hyper, the deal with Ducati & bike classification had just started when I purchased the Duc. Just got my renewal, $620 for full coverage on 2 bikes(with a few tickets on the record:mad:).

·
Registered
236 Posts

Thanks for that! I just submitted a quote request from them. ;)

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How old are you and what's your driving record? Other than the disappearing deductibles, your policy doesn't seem very extravagant. Have you shopped around?

State Farm here, $468 a year with $500 deductibles.
Driving record: Immaculate, not a spec of nothing on there (8yrs driving)

No I havent shopped around, figured since im a diamond member with progressive they would have the better deal out the bat.

This Foremost insurance, are they available in Florida? Wouldnt hurt giving them a call I suppose. Will see what Geico and State farm have to say as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not to threadjack, but I'll be switching from Geico to Foremost ASAP! Here's the quote I just received for the same coverage that is $569 at Geico:mad::

Type of Coverage Deductible Limit
Bodily Injury Protection 100000/300000
Property Damage Coverage 25000
Passenger Liability Included
Other Than Collision 500 Actual Cash Value
Collision 500 Actual Cash Value
Optional Equipment 3500

Annual Premium: $303.00

:D:D:D

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just called and got a quote. Its funny how I was getting a quote for 1300 from progressive (5yrs customer) and called Foremost (based in Michigan) for the same coverage (actually a bit better) for less than 700. I am a first time rider but cmon, lets be real here.

Policy
BI: 25/50k
PD: 50k
Uninsured and under minimum 10k
Medical: 2.5k
Theft vandalism etc
250 deductable

Cool thing here is they throw in apparel (1.5k) and accesories (2.5k) in the deal!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Springfield Armory :D

$569.00 per year with Geico. Full coverage, $500 deductibles.

Age, location, driving history, credit history, age of the bike, etc, etc all play a part in the rate.
Same here, full coverage.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm 24, have Foremost insurance, and pay (I'm going to get so much crap for this).....$205 a month. I have full coverage, but it's still completely ridiculous. I got a quote from almost every insurance company out there before choosing Foremost, and this was the lowest price (by far) that I was quoted.

I rear ended someone at around 15 miles per hour last year in my car at the time, which according to my insurance agent, made my rate jump up significantly :( Only accident on my record too. I'm sure the combination of that, not having my motorcycle license for a very long time, and being pretty young, all contribute to that high monthly charge.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts