Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a white XDiavel S (did not receive it yet) and the help pass the time while I wait for the bike I used the VIN number on the sale contract to check for possible pending recalls. To my surprise, the Ducati recall site identified the VIN as:

XDIAVEL DARK STEALTH 2018 CAL DMH

To double check, I found a white XDiavel S for sale with an advertised VIN number and got this:

XDIAVEL S ICEBERG WHITE,MERC GREY STRIPE 2018 CAL DMH

Is there anything other than bad faith that could explain why the VIN number on the sale contract does not appear to be the one for a white XDiavel S?

The dealership is closed today so I am unable to ask them.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The VIN does not encode the color of the bike. Only Ducati can tell you the build spec associated with the VIN. I doubt if the recall site tries to list every color of every model under recall. Relax.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FYI, the dealership confirmed that the VIN number was wrong and sent me a new one that now matches the expected model/color. In a case like this, do I need to worry about getting a new contract with the correct VIN?

·
Bon Vivant
11,438 Posts
FYI, the dealership confirmed that the VIN number was wrong and sent me a new one that now matches the expected model/color. In a case like this, do I need to worry about getting a new contract with the correct VIN?

yeah I would... maybe a vin for a Monster or a Multi... 0:) just sayin :surprise:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
do I need to worry about getting a new contract with the correct VIN?
Seems like a good idea for the paper work to be correct and match the bike.
Should not be hard for them to fix. Edit VIN, reprint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts