Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
All I see is a stock white SF-S. It looks good to me although I prefer black or red. Maybe I don't understand the question.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The question is just about the color. Personally I've never seen a "stock" white SF-S before... I was about to buy a white base model, but I found a good deal on that S version, it's a demo bike from a local dealer here in France... I guess my question is just: shall I go for it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks nice to me, but you need to ask about the provenance of the bodywork. Did they swap red or black bodywork from a standard SFS with that of a white SF, leaving both looking fine, but with a new color for the SFS? That is what seems to have happened.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Would look nice with a red corse sripe down it like a monster S4RS

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i thought of doing the same thing with my black S, before buying it, but now i think the black is better...

·
Registered
565 Posts
It matches your helmet, so that's good I guess.

Go for Black.

TS

·
Registered
328 Posts
I havn't seen the white in person and with a pearl you can't capture the look in a picture, so why am I responding to this I don't know.

Haha if you like it buy it! I personally like black with red frame, but then again I havn't seen the white in person. On cars I love pearl white paint jobs, so maybe it would be the same on a duc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would have bought the white if it had been available.

but would want the carbon fibre front fender--seems like they should not have swapped that out on this bike. What about the other carbon bits? Can't tell from the pic if they're there.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
White base model has a black frame which looks much better than that bronze frame from the s model with white bodywork put on it. The white and bronze just don't blend well.

Chris

What do you think, colorwise? Something's wrong or all is good?

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
it makes it look portly!

something about the matching fender and tank? .. stick with the carbon fiber fender, and you may have to paint the radiator guard black?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
White base model has a black frame which looks much better than that bronze frame from the s model with white bodywork put on it. The white and bronze just don't blend well.

Chris
Yes, I agree. Not to mention the color of the forks which also don't blend too well with the white bodywork.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would have bought the white if it had been available.

but would want the carbon fibre front fender--seems like they should not have swapped that out on this bike. What about the other carbon bits? Can't tell from the pic if they're there.
Other carbon bits are there. If I can get a carbon rear hugger for free, I could probably live without the carbon front fender.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it makes it look portly!

something about the matching fender and tank? .. stick with the carbon fiber fender, and you may have to paint the radiator guard black?
Everyone may have to paint the radiator side covers in black, yes. Stupid stock color on all bikes.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
The alum doesn't look bad on the white bikes (mine) from 5 feet it's hard to tell it's not pearl white. I think painting the rad guards black would tend to overwhelm the whole middle of the bike in a sea of black.
Chris

Everyone may have to paint the radiator side covers in black, yes. Stupid stock color on all bikes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts