Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An idea that has been in my head for some time now, but just didn’t have the time to execute it. Now I finally finished it!!

White LED running lights in the hand guards of my Hypermotard 1100. Automatically changes from white to orange when you turn on the turn signal, and changes back circa 1.5 sec after turning the turn signal off.

I recreated the original Ducati turn signal PCB’s with exactly the same dimensions, just with completely different electronics onboard. From a first prototype to 3 different iterations of electronic designs I finally have a perfectly working product!

It was a hefty investment of time and money to get this done, but again I gained an enormous amount of knowledge. Power efficient power supplies, heat management etc etc. Personally I think its a major succes!

Unfortunately it is not a plug and play solution. You have to break open your turn signal housings and after that glue it all back together to get it waterproof again.

1 problem I still need to solve is a timing issue as you can see in the video. It is to strict and sometimes the white LEDs turn on for a millisecond when the turn signal is also on. Gonna fix that this weekend :).

Everything is off course connected to a switched power wire and the lights use about 0.2A/2.4W per side. Temperature of the inside housing is around 40C with an ambient temp of 21C. More then acceptable and enough margin for hot summers.

Just wanted to share this here. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
992 Posts
That's a pretty cool mod, you should make a video or write-up tutorial on the process. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice work sir!

Trouble is I took my oem handguards / indicators off as they were both slightly (& expensively!) damaged; replaced them with off-road guards + separate indicators.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts