Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my S4RS and picked up a new 1100 today!!! Whoo hoo!!
The bike I bought was a red one, but the tank got scratched. The dealer happened to have a set of white plastics laying around so they put them on the red bike. So now I have a pearl 1100 with a red frame. It looks sweet, just like my S4RS!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks like a twin to my bike, but without the carbon front fender. :)

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Just curious, why would you sell the s4rs to get the 1100?
I have the same question, more or less. How do you compare the two? Any reliability issues?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just curious, why would you sell the s4rs to get the 1100?
It was kind of bittersweet really. I loved my S4RS and still do like the looks better. When I went to get new tires on the S4RS they gave me a M1100 for a loaner. At first I didn't really like it as much, it's not as comfortable and the steering felt heavy. After riding it around a little I realized that the steering wasn't heavy, it just wasn't twitchy like the S4RS. Going around curves the 1100 just felt like it was on rails even though it was the base model without the Ohlins. It is really confidence inspiring going around turns, it just feels so much more stable. The power is better than I expected but still not the freight train that the S4RS is, but I decided I'd rather have the more stable handling than the power. Also, I got a great deal on the new one and was able to get a decent amount for my S4RS (only 1 year old, still has factory warranty left). In conclusion, I gave up some comfort and power (it is still plenty powerful and lots of fun though) for more stable handling.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that when I got back on my S4RS after riding the 1100 for the day, the S4RS felt like a Harley in comparison. (Slight exaggeration)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any reliability issues?
None, I loved the S4RS. It was just a matter of the money working out right now. If I waited another year, it would have been a lot more out of pocket. Also, Ducati is giving a year of FREE MAINTENANCE right now!!!

Oh, and a little plug for CROOKED RIVER DUCATI in Akron Ohio. Those guys are great, they will definitely treat you right.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It was kind of bittersweet really. ... I gave up some comfort and power (it is still plenty powerful and lots of fun though) for more stable handling.
good to read ducati has put some sweet geometry into their new design. i wasn't thrilled with the front end of my S4Rs at first either; took some adjustments to get it like a train.

i think your bike will look really good once you get some titanium termis on her :D

the old monster is as comfortable as a VFR so perhaps you just need an after market seat??

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's not so much the seat that is uncomfortable, it's the angle of the seat. It's good for riding the twisty roads, but when you're commuting your constantly sliding forward into the tank, especially when braking and hitting bumps. Nothing worse than "Monster balls."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts