Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...on my new Multistrada Enduro. I tried adjusting the windshield up and down...The whistling continues. Anyone have an idea of the cause and fix?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Stock screen is the cause, and the fix is another screen. I came from a series of Sportsbikes to the Multi, and was looking forward to many miles cocooned in my touring screen bubble. Sadly not with the Multi screen, whistling and buffeting around the helmet was all I got no matter what height I adjusted it to. I fitted a short MRA screen, and although this now means I get the wind pressure on the helmet, at least it's "clean" air. I like it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking...time for a new screen...but when I took the demo rides (on two different bikes) I don't remember hearing this annoying whistle. I read on another forum that it could be a miss shaped windscreen that's causing it. If that's the case I'd like the dealer to saw it so its usable.

I'm thinking of eventually getting a Cee Bailey windscreen as I've had great luck with them on my other bike (50K miles and it still looks like new). has anyone used one of this on a Multistrada?

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
Do 28 or 61 mph...

Many complained and I didn't find the noise or buffeting too bothersome.
I purchased palmer spacers and Eagle Screen Australia hiss flaps.
I bought them because of the reviews of other members here.
I honestly didn't find THAT much of a difference.

Some of the screens are butt ugly .
Some cut them down.
What works for you may not have the same effect for others.

I find that if you don't let tiny things get under your skin you can live with them.

But nice when there is a relatively cheapo fix.
My helmet a big buck (to me) Arai can develope a whistle IF i hang my head just right.

Enjoy the bike !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts