Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shutting off my engine, I often hear a very faint high pitched whistle. At first I thought it was the clutch resonating, cos it goes away after afew seconds. But now it goes on for a longer time.

Now I discovered that it comes from the fuel tank! Pressing down on the cap changes the pitch of the whistle, opening the cap stops it.

Wierd!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Check your vent lines on the front of the tank and make sure that they are not pinched. The one on the right side of the tank should be an intake line and run down to a warm air line that ends behind the vertical cylinder open to the air. The Left side runs down to the vapor recovery canister. If the tank is sucking in air through the fill, it could lead to problems.

·
Super Moderator
8,378 Posts
I´ve had that happen to my 748..

All the fuellines, ventlines and everything where okey.. But they are worth checking.
I put it down to the warm gas escaping, after checking the lines.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I had a pinched line on my SS and my tank imploded 32 miles from the dealer on a brand new bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.