Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
been using my trusty duc for commuting, when i pulled into the driveway yesterday there was oil all over the bottom of the bike including the rear tire.... yiks. it must have happened near home cause there is still oil in the site glass. so im thinking just take it off until i get it fixed or replaced. the Q' is = is there anything more to do other than removing it and buying some bungs to screw into the oil line holes? thanks folks /^^\

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
not knowing how the oil feeds etc i'd connect the two sides rather than plug

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
You need to get a new set of head feed lines and a blanking plug, then you need to remove the oil filter, unscrew the centre where the filter screws on, and take out the bypass spring above it.

I will have a set of the correct head lines /blanking plugs available in about a week if you want to buy a set off me. I'm installing an oil cooler on mine (yep, there is at least one 916 that didn't have one). PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Check your front tire for damage. You might have picked up a long nail or screw that stabbed the oil cooler as it swung up from sticking out of the tire.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, after cleaning the oil off the moter i started it to find that one of screws that holds the protective screen on the chin fairing had worn a hole in the front of the cooler (irony.... i know). luckily it was an easy fix. so... yippyy back on the road! R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts