Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey..
I'm changing over to a new windshield. Same OEM as original, but the original mounting threaded rubber grommet on the shield had aged and crumbled when I tried to remove it, so I bought a couple of new ones.. SKU: 85040821A

Thing is.. Now I've assembled it, it doesn't look right. The orientation is the same, but the new grommets are crushed considerably less than the old ones, but it doesn't look like the rubber tubes will torque down enough to crush them up to form a snug fit, so it's just sitting half loose with only the flanged end holding on the windshield.

Is there something about this threaded rubber connector I'm misunderstanding? The thread is at the hex end, so torquing won't crush it to form a bulge.. One of the two original grommets was uncrushable enough to see that they are in fact the same length, originally, but just don't tighten down the same, and I don't want to take it too far for fear of stripped the threads.

2007 Ducati Monster S2R 1000 by AMS Ducati - Issuu
92-93, part number 3

Hrm.

Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oi..
I guess the originals were swapped around.. Maybe to get more life out of them.
The rubber tubes bulge perfectly and secure it when reversed and the threaded section is at the other end.

I'm glad you could all help me through this difficult time. :D

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Sometimes the best help is no help at all. Glad to do my part.

Reactions: breaddrink
1 - 3 of 3 Posts