Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ducati offers two versions of the Termi exhaust kit for the Biposto. One is the black anodized aluminum racing silencers, the other, black anodized steel silencers.

Other than the material, is there a difference? Do both have removable baffles? Which do you have (if you have em) ?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I would get the ones that are "for race use only". they are cheaper, and they don't have any baffles...

no baffles = no nonsense.

I don't know about CT, but in CA, both are illegal, so might as well...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the alluminium ones and they do have REMOVABLE baffles.

Yes, they are cheaper and from what my dealer told me, they sound better than the STAINLESS ones and the alluminium expands more to give a boomier sound.

I haven't heard the sound from the stainless ones, but I can tell you the alluminium ones sound AWESOME (without the baffles of course).

Just be prepared to use a little more fuel as you will be blipping the throttle through gear changes or any chance you get to hear that wonderful sound!!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The black 'race use only' come with baffles too. They did a good enough job to not get me flagged at Laguna on a noise restricted day.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
hmm... mine didn't come with baffles.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question: Is the dealership needed for any reason to install the exhaust/ecu/airbox cover? Or is it plug and play?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Another question: Is the dealership needed for any reason to install the exhaust/ecu/airbox cover? Or is it plug and play?
No, and no. You do not need a dealership, and you can do the entire thing at home, but it's not quite plug-and-play either.

BUT: the final tuning does require a computer that can talk to the DP ECU. It does not have to be a dealer, but you need someone with the equipment, or you can get a setup yourself for about $400 plus computer (plus it's best if done with an exhaust analyzer).

If you put it all on yourself without the final tuning step, it's usually too rich - how much varies with each individual bike. It might run fairly crappy, or it might just not run quite as good as it will with that final tuning step.

Also, the Termis and chip are fully covered by your bike's factory warranty - IF they are dealer installed. If not, it's possible that a warranty claim might be more problematic. If your bike's not on warranty, then this isn't an issue.

·
Registered
599 Posts
The race one's with the baffles removed. nothing sounds better.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts