Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put an Evotech on my Monster and liked it. Now I have a SF848, and it's a year later, so maybe there are better options.

What do you like? Ideally I'd keep the stock signals but I'm open to options.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
The tail tidy from Motive Engineering is really nice. I have one on my SFS. Another nice thing about it is that not everyone has one. They're made in really small batches. One of the cleanest tail tidy kits available.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I've got the R&G Racing tail tidy from Bellisimoto...uses stock turn signals, includes an LED license plate light, is relatively inexpensive and easy to fit...Bellismoto gives 10% discounts to ducati.ms forum members.

If you're handy, you can make your own as several forum members have done.

BellissiMoto - R&G Racing Tidy Tail Fender Eliminators

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are good options.

Hows the SF's when it comes to installation? Is it quick and easy? The Monster wasn't difficult to navigate but it took some time to do the proper way. The SF actually looks more straight forward to me.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Competition Werks

·
Registered
77 Posts
+1 for Motive. his trellis tail tidy is built better than any of the bent, stamped metal units out there. and they look cool too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I liked the look of the Evotech on my Monster, and pics I've seen of the Evo on SFs look good - well-integrated - so I ordered that today.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Depends how lenient the police are in your area. The more lenient the farther in you can move the plate. The visibility under the tail on the SF is very good so u might look at competition werkes stealth model. Ive asked several police aboit mine, and as long as its clearly visible you are good to go. This is in cali.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The tail tidy from Motive Engineering is really nice. I have one on my SFS. Another nice thing about it is that not everyone has one. They're made in really small batches. One of the cleanest tail tidy kits available.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Motive is outstanding for all of the reasons mentioned above. Love it on my bike. The trellis has a classy look and it is extremely high quality.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks gents - the Evotech is already in the mail. Some do look better, some worse, but I think it'll look good on the SF.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I really like my Motive for all of the reasons mentioned above.

Pic doesn't show the intricacies, but it gives an idea of where it relocates the plate/indicators. I have more pics if you want me to send them to you.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I don't think he has his own website. When I bought my tail tidy from him everything was done through PM and email. He makes the kits in batches and he just had his second batch for sale about a month ago. He takes orders first then he starts production when he gets enough orders. Usually around ten are made at a time from my estimate. I would send him a PM if you want a tail tidy.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's funny... every SF848 I've seen has a poorly-clamped lower radiator hose front-right. Yours is no exception. I guess I feel a bit better that mine's exactly the same way.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just found your work here Motive.

Very nice work! Very clean and looks like it's part of the factory frame! Real sharp looking.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts