Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and so far it looks like theres a ton of great people and knowledge here. I have always dreamed of owning a Ducati superbike and soon my dream could become a reality. I've owned a 600rr in the past and currently riding a DRZ400SM (super motard). The SM is a ton of fun but I definitely miss riding a sport bike!

I would like to do the occasional trackday with the next bike I get. At this point I have not done a trackday yet. Mainly, I'm just looking for a fun bike that I can take to the track that won't destroy me for being a newbie.

I'd consider any of the new ducati superbikes (848,1098,1198)

Thanks, I appreciate your opinions.

-Ryan

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
848 would be a great choice, but seems like all the new generation (848/1098) guys I know are having real chronic problems--rear cylinders leaking oil, electrical gremlins. Come on Ducati--after 15 years you can't resolve the regulator/wiring issues once and for all???

The 749/999's are excellent bikes and you can get outstanding deals on them right now, but I just can't get past the looks.

My personal choice would be the 998. Unmatched beauty of the original and timeless 916 series with the better engine of the Testastrettas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts