Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a quick and easy way to visually tell which subframe is on my 748? It's not an S or anything, but it's a mono, so I'm trying to determine if they mounted the mono tail on the bi frame or replaced the frame.

Come to think of it, is that right? I can never remember which way it goes... will the biposto frame hold either a biposto and monoposto tail, or is it the mono frame that will hold either?

·
Registered
372 Posts
the steel subframe can be bip or mono, will have a bracket for footpeg mounts, and is painted to match the frame. the aluminum subframe is mono only, no footpeg bracket, and has no paint...just bare aluminum.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The easiest way to tell... is to look for mounts for the rear passenger pegs. There's 2 bolt holes on each side for the rear pegs.

The bi subframe is what you want if you want to switch between mono and bi.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since I'm not at home to check right now, can anyone tell from this picture...

http://www.raricks.org/rarick_duc.jpg

... To me, it looks like maybe that's a bolt hole for the rear pegs (right above the end of the spring on the exhaust). But maybe I'm smoking something, since I've been at work for like 14 hours today already, and I'm not leaving any time soon.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
That's a Bip subframe and you can fit either Bip or Mono seat on it with no problem, I have the same and have both seats so that I can swap them over in a couple of minutes. (although fitting the footpegs takes a little longer), as already said the mono frame is lighter than the Bip, has no footpeg mounting holes and although technically a Bip seat should fit, it is not strong enough to take 2 people. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts