Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long hiatus from Ducati I have returned and just purchased a 900SS/FE #103. I am in the St Louis area. Question, are there any electrical components that would be worth carrying along on rides as back up spares? I am a pretty good wrench so would be able to quickly diagnos any problems, but without the parts I dont want to end up dead in the water. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
FE is supposed to be pretty solid electrically (3 phase alternator)....if youre worried, maybe hook up a small voltmeter ; something like the one desmotimes sells.
the powerlet starter wire upgrade (29.95) wouldnt hurt either :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
spares to carry.....

greetings Zoomy186,

I'm here in Richmond Heights with a '96 900 SS/SP. Extra spare fuses can save you from pushing or walking. I would be glad to get together and show you some of the finer points of supersports. Looks really hot Saturday!

chow,
Fred

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info

Fuses will definitely be on board. I am thinking about getting some spare ignitors as well. I would definitely like to get together, perhaps for a ride. I am new to the area and keep going back to the same roads down south around Lee May Ferry Road. I will be out of town this week but will contact you via the forum when I return. Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
111 Posts
In 37k all I've ever needed was a can of fix-a-flat away from home. I have never had an electrical problem with my 96 900ss/sp (always keep a fully charged battery so you don't over stress the system). With many people having problems with the slave cylinder, I bought a spare rubber seal for mine many years ago, but have never needed it. You have a great bike, one of the all time fun bikes to ride. I enjoy mine over my 998. I live in University City, hope to see you guys on the road!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I always carry a bottle opener, a pack of Lucky Strikes and a rubber. Never used any of them, but I feel much cooler.:D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts