Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which one should you choose, prices are almost equal.

A) MTS 1200 S touring + leo vinci exhaust + tuning (2010 - 64 000 km - 39 000 miles )
For sale from a ducati dealership with 1 year guarantee

B) MTS 1200 S Sport + touring option + standard exhaust + ECU tuning (2011 - 50 000 km - 31 000 miles )
For sale from a private person, so no guarantee. Last desmo service at 48 000 km - 30 000 miles

A or B ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
1) Can you define "Tuning" on the first,, and "ECU Tuning" on the second?
What was done and by who?
2) What's a "Race Option" in bike 2?
3) Maintenance records especially the head, desmo, belts for bike 2 which seems like a better choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1) Both were tuned by the ducati dealer, one after the new exhaust and the other one with the standard exhaust
2) should be 1200 s Sport version (not race, my mistake)
3) Both bikes have records of servicing

·
Super Moderator
8,249 Posts
Sport has carbon beaks and cambelt covers.
Touring had side panniers, centerstand and heated grips.

Exhaust is a meh in my book.
Id say the 2010. My 10 has had less problems then friends riding 2011 and 2012. First year was well put together.

Reactions: rollingstone321

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
1) Both were tuned by the ducati dealer, one after the new exhaust and the other one with the standard exhaust
2) should be 1200 s Sport version (not race, my mistake)
3) Both bikes have records of servicing
Good news about having the service records.
#1 is not clear. For me, "Tuned" means running the bike on a Dyno and re-mapping the AFR. Most dealers don't have a Dyno.

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
I'd look at the bikes and see which is cleaner/better cared for, has tank expansion issue been dealt with, I'd also check history to see WHEN last desmo done (remember the 5 year limit... regardless of mileage), also has the suspension been serviced (both should have been done at least once in 10 years, hopefully not TOO long ago), look at brake fluid (has it been changed) and pads (should be at least on a second set). Basically try to determine which was better maintained.

If all else is equal I'd take the 2011.

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 14 of 14 Posts