Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 09 1100 in white and want to change the seat.Is the comfort seat betta than the race seat for a softer feel on ya butt.I see Sales at ducati shop online have got 1 for $189.Any thoughts lads.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Picked up my gel seat on Thursday nite, Puttin it on this arvo. Let ya know the diif soon. ;0)

·
Registered
31 Posts
It just depends on your riding style: if you move a lot on the saddle and don't stay too much in the upright position you can take the racing one (it is very hard in the middle so it can be a problem on long runs: let say that after 30minutes you will feel it).
I have a racing riding style but I took the gel saddle which is very confortable even after 2 hours and personally I like the look it has. Price in Europe is around is 190euro (that's about 270USD).

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
We talkin Aussie $$$ or Americian $$$...

Get it Custom done for your own Anatomy and ridin style ,,,save some time in the long run ,Not too complicated to do if you get the right upholstery shop with the proper density of foam, or even take a crack at it yourself...

In the heat of summer it was said you need 1/2 hour to pull the gel seat out of your butt!!

It's like blondes or redheads,,up to you..
I like the look of the DP preformance seat...

·
Registered
532 Posts
i have the gel seat on mine and most days when i go out for a run it is for about six hours or so and i think that it is great

·
Registered
605 Posts
Its an all day ride with the DP comfort seat, a must if you plan to ride any distance.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have the race seat. It came on the bike and I find it very acceptable. Of course I was riding a DR650 and a WR250 so a 2x4 would be an improvement. :D

Has anyone been using the Sargent seat? Looks good...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a brand new comfort seat for sale, $192+ shipping

If anybody interested send me an e-mail

Sorry if I broke up the conversation.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just ordered my comfort seat as well, it will ship out on Tuesday due to the holiday. The start of the winter mods...
Hi, I checked out the site and the comfort seat is listed as a lowered model. Is this the seat all of you are talking about or is there a comfort seat with a reg. height

·
Registered
605 Posts
The reason its lower is its cut flatter, and doesn't cause you to slide into the tank. Its about an inch lower toward the rear.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi, I checked out the site and the comfort seat is listed as a lowered model. Is this the seat all of you are talking about or is there a comfort seat with a reg. height
There is only one DP comfort seat and it is lower than the stock one, so I have read. I am 5'7" and can only get my tippy toes to touch so I wouldn't mind being slightly lower.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The race seat looks better but the comfort seat is better on long rides (I have both).
Either is an improvement over the stock seat IMO.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The race seat looks better but the comfort seat is better on long rides (I have both).
Either is an improvement over the stock seat IMO.
i also have both and totally agree. if i am going to go on a longer ride, i use the comfort seat. if i have a track day, i put the race seat on. i find it more difficult to move around on the comfort seat.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts