Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at seats for my 796 . I'm 6'1" so the low seat is out . Starts getting uncomfortable after about an hour so a new seat is in the horizon . Been looking at the dp seat , the Ducati comfort , and the Sargent ( which looks kinda weird ) . I would love to hear other members input on these . Thanks !!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, me too! I'm 6'0 with long legs, and though I find the DP comfort low seat to be the best looking, I have grown to dislike riding it. I think the bike would even feel like it handled better if I was an inch or two higher up.

I might be switching to the DP race seat, though i with it was finished in the same fabric and red sticking as the comfort low.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got a Corbin, limited time on it still, but I like the fact that it's flat, allowing me to sit anywhere on it, and doesn't slope into the tank as much as the stock seat. Hard too, which I like.

Attachments

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,376 Posts
I'll be honest with you. I like taking long rides. 100 miles minimum. Stock seat? Forget about it. After about 800 miles I said screw it, theres no other brand that focuses more on comfort and looks than sargent. Everything else out there looks like the stock seat, maybe a bit more comfy but ultimately ass numbing. I would have wanted to ship my stock seat to sargent (my suggestion), but I had just gotten the bike and was too attached :p

Sargent is also local to me :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looking at seats for my 796 . I'm 6'1" so the low seat is out . Starts getting uncomfortable after about an hour so a new seat is in the horizon . Been looking at the dp seat , the Ducati comfort , and the Sargent ( which looks kinda weird ) . I would love to hear other members input on these . Thanks !!!
I hear you on the seat issue. Mine is still stock and like you I feel like I've been sitting on a brick after about an hour. Than I realized its probably just the metal bar holding the tank down.

The real solution is roads with more twists, but that's not always possible.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll be honest with you. I like taking long rides. 100 miles minimum. Stock seat? Forget about it. After about 800 miles I said screw it, theres no other brand that focuses more on comfort and looks than sargent. Everything else out there looks like the stock seat, maybe a bit more comfy but ultimately ass numbing. I would have wanted to ship my stock seat to sargent (my suggestion), but I had just gotten the bike and was too attached :p

Sargent is also local to me :D
So are you saying the Sargent does not hurt your ass after riding for an hour?

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,376 Posts
Yamafast - Thats exactly what im saying. In fact, I want to just keep on riding but then I realize I have a 3 gallon tank still :/

vb796 - Call Sargent. Since your not a big fan of the looks ask them the details about sending your stock seat for them to upholster it for you. Also TBH, mine is the low version and fits me perfectly. I am 6 foot and because the seat is wide it actually mimics the stock seats height quite well. I havent noticed a difference.

·
Registered
28 Posts
After trying both the Corbin and Sargent, I went with the Corbin. It is wide and flat allowing taller riders to move around. I have no issues on rides of a couple of hours. (anything longer, I clip on my Airhawk pad). The corbin is very well made and has a key lock fastener. The Sargent felt wierd to me and I didn't like the locked in feel.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Had Sargent redo my stock seat with their foam and a carbon cover
they also did french stiching with Ducati red thread.

Major improvement over stock $249.00

Great Company to Deal With.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts