Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i'm new here:) i'm reading this forum for a couple of months now and like it a lot!

i have a 1000sc with termi 2-1, a 1100cc BB and DP ecu.
i got rid of the std airbox and made 2 velociti stacks myself with on top 2 huge K&N's.
the problem now is that its way too lean, the headers are glowing when its dark.
the A/F is at 17+ so its way too lean at the moment, even when at modered speed in town traffic.
i want to get a PCIII but which one should i order? i,ve seen different types used on the sc's but sc isn't in the list of the powercommander website.

my sc is a monoposto from 2006.
thnx in advance:)

·
Registered
555 Posts
I went with the Wasp PUK1 kit, which is brilliant by the way, and included in his kit was the Power Commander III USB. The PC box indicated it was for the 2003-04 Monster. Of course, you will have to have it mapped because no stock or standard map is gonna work for your situation.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Having looked at the Power Commander web site, and compared the different models for the Ducati's, the installation procedures and the way they are wired into the bike are the same, so it looks like the difference between models is the map that is installed. Does anyone know if this is correct?

If this is the case, then does it matter which one I buy if I am going to get a custom map made?

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
180 Posts
Having looked at the Power Commander web site, and compared the different models for the Ducati's, the installation procedures and the way they are wired into the bike are the same, so it looks like the difference between models is the map that is installed. Does anyone know if this is correct?

If this is the case, then does it matter which one I buy if I am going to get a custom map made?

Thanks

Rob

just use this one 716-411 M800S.E it works fine, just zero out the map and have it dyno tune.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey, lots of input:)

what i found till now is that 716-411 is the most used type for the sc and the 732-411.

but MOONER, are you sure that PCIII #714-410 on Paul Smart is correct? i can't find that type.

if the wiring is correct than it,s not a problem but i want my PCIII fitted under the seat for easy acces if possible.
but i read through WASP and if i'm correct the WASP PCIII is fitted next to the front K&N filter under the fueltank. i don't know the reasen for that but i prefer under the seat.

and for the mapping, i think that any basic map doesn't work because my bike is so lean at the moment that i'll need a dyno to get it done or i'll have to find a map from some one that use the WASP kit.and that still won't work because i have a bigbore and that needs a different map.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i just got an answer to my 'which type' question from my local dealer and he told me that i should use 717-411.

does anybody know the difference?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i finally ordered the 716-411. i'll see what i get....

can i program the PCIII on my own laptop and upload it into it by usb?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I could not fit the PCIII under my seat. It's piggy backed onto my battery box cover....:(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just got the PCIII:) i'll see if i can mount it today.

is there anyone with a SC and wasp kit who is willing to send me his map so i have somthing to start with?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts