Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 2007 S4R Testa

I don't know if it was an unpopular bike? or just rare or what..

It seems difficult to find parts for my application.. or i'm uncertain as to compatibility..

For example.. 03-06 S4R parts are diff

but 07 S4RS parts are the same

my front wheel uses larger sliders cuz the axle is larger (I think from a 99X bike)

engine bits from the 999 fit

etc

Does anyone know exactly which bikes have cross compability with my Bike?

·
Registered
355 Posts
It's pretty much the same bike as the S4RS except for the suspension, brakes and some carbon fiber.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize that,

what I mean is:

for example can I use frame sliders from the 999 since it's the same engine and assuming it has the same engine mounts they would fit?

·
Registered
698 Posts
It's pretty much the same bike as the S4RS except for the suspension, brakes and some carbon fiber.
Correction. Only diff is suspension and carbon fiber, brakes are the same on both models.

As far as model comparability, there are some parts that are pretty much universal. Slave cylinder (2001+), clutch cover, pressure plate.

2007/2008 SR4/S4RS = same

Are you looking to reuse parts from a 999 on this bike? Or are you having trouble finding parts all together?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply

just finding parts in general

it's like the 07-08 S4R is the "forgotten" bike so to speak

often it's not even listed...

like they don't bother making parts for our bike for some reason..

I'm looking for Frame sliders, front and rear axle, handle bar ends, Cat replacement pipe, a non tremi exhaust,

i just find the selection for this specific monster less than the rest...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thanks for the reply

just finding parts in general

it's like the 07-08 S4R is the "forgotten" bike so to speak

often it's not even listed...

like they don't bother making parts for our bike for some reason..

I'm looking for Frame sliders, front and rear axle, handle bar ends, Cat replacement pipe, a non tremi exhaust,

i just find the selection for this specific monster less than the rest...

You just need to know where to look.

Mid-Pipes:

Monster Parts

MotoWheels

Pipes:

http://www.bellissimoto.com/ZardMonster.html

https://www.euromotoaz.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=156

etc etc....

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=4138

It lists a lot of online shops.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks..

I saw that akropovic.. (i knew the company from the japanese bikes)

it's a sweet piece of kit..

but I haven't been able to find any info on it, or anyone that's tried it

I'd love to toss the 11.5kg stock have a 3KG exhaust in it's place..

what about the sliders? do u know which brands make ones that fit the 4 points of the S4RT and S4RS? (these are a higher priority for me atm)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thanks..

I saw that akropovic.. (i knew the company from the japanese bikes)

it's a sweet piece of kit..

but I haven't been able to find any info on it, or anyone that's tried it

I'd love to toss the 11.5kg stock have a 3KG exhaust in it's place..

what about the sliders? do u know which brands make ones that fit the 4 points of the S4RT and S4RS? (these are a higher priority for me atm)
Here is an Akra post:

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=22275.0

Sliders I don't know much about as I don't run them on my bike but both MonsterParts:

http://www.monsterparts.com/c/Protection/Protection.html

and MotoWheels: link here

carry crash protection kits.

GL!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm sure it's posted somewhere, but would the cat eliminator mid-pipe require any further work such as mapping, etc? I would hate to spend the money to get rid of the udder, yet end up making the bike run worse. Nor do I want to spend a ton of money right now modding the bike since I've just spent the $ to get it. (Modifications will come later.)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sure it's posted somewhere, but would the cat eliminator mid-pipe require any further work such as mapping, etc? I would hate to spend the money to get rid of the udder, yet end up making the bike run worse. Nor do I want to spend a ton of money right now modding the bike since I've just spent the $ to get it. (Modifications will come later.)

I posted a couple threads on this subject as well

but couldn't find much information on it either..

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm sure it's posted somewhere, but would the cat eliminator mid-pipe require any further work such as mapping, etc? ....
Possibly - you might need to play with the air-bleed screws or purchase a FATDUC manipulator ($80) which will help with some of the fueling issues a less restrictive might show.

there are guys running full arrow exhausts system, with the FATDUC and a closed air box and they are as happy as can be.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the reply Aria Speed. I really like the look of the stock exhaust, except the udder. I would like a termi carbon system, but just can't drop the cash for it right now. In today's economy it was hard enough to convince the wife a S4R was a smart purchase. Perhaps Santa can bring a mid-pipe and fatduc manipulator...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts