Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the title, which Ducati would you not buy? Let's make it fun, and imagine away the pesky reality of finances, or Ultra-Limited Editions. But, limit it to Ducati`s current 2020 lineup.<BTW; No, I am not doing market research for Ducati>

For me, I would not buy the Mulistrada. Not a fan of the look, but more importantly, it doesn't mesh with my (current) riding needs.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I wouldn’t buy a multi either. Not a fan of the styling, and it’s too tall . Plus , the idea of a bunch of middle age men riding around on 500 # pseudo dirt bikes with luggage is just ludicrous. I see them at the bike events wearing glorified coveralls with their com systems on their helmets looking like a full page ad in a bike magazine. Knobby tires that will never see dirt. Gives me a chuckle every time.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Yes, vertically challenged for sure 😉
As I stated though, around my area the Multi riders look like a GQ ad and run full knobs.
I don’t bother to ask them why. I’m sure they are legends in their own minds.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Yes, vertically challenged for sure 😉
As I stated though, around my area the Multi riders look like a GQ ad and run full knobs.
I don’t bother to ask them why. I’m sure they are legends in their own minds.
Reminds me of the 1990s around here (my city). All of these lawyers, doctors, wall street assholes riding Harleys. Brand spankin' new ones. Wearing brand spankin' new leather jackets, and brand spankin' new leather chaps. All while passing themselves off as "real bikers" (so to speak). They looked ridiculous. Riding bikes that looked for all the world like a circus wagon with piles of billet shit and grand heaps of chrome. Went well with the $10k watch and the trophy wife. Drove the prices of Harleys up was about all that served to do.

But boy howdy did they look cool! ;)

no.

fakesters.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Any Diavel.. truly awkward design and YO, just buy a Harley! X-Diavel, on the other hand, I'm tempted by.

And all V-4s except a true Desmosedici.. because theyre fat at north of 400 lbs, and needlessly complex$$$ - I'll stay with a mere 1198, thanks! If you need this level of tech to keep the shiny side up on a street bike, youve lost the plot:
  • ABS Cornering Bosch EVO
  • Ducati Traction Control EVO (DTC EVO)
  • Ducati Slide Control (DSC)
  • Ducati Wheelie Control EVO (DWC EVO)
  • Ducati Power Launch (DPL)
  • Engine Brake Control EVO (EBC EVO)

Reactions: Aguiar

·
Registered
Ducati Monster S4R '04
44 Posts
Any Diavel.. truly awkward design and YO, just buy a Harley! X-Diavel, on the other hand, I'm tempted by.

And all V-4s except a true Desmosedici.. because theyre fat at north of 400 lbs, and needlessly complex$$$ - I'll stay with a mere 1198, thanks! If you need this level of tech to keep the shiny side up on a street bike, youve lost the plot:
  • ABS Cornering Bosch EVO
  • Ducati Traction Control EVO (DTC EVO)
  • Ducati Slide Control (DSC)
  • Ducati Wheelie Control EVO (DWC EVO)
  • Ducati Power Launch (DPL)
  • Engine Brake Control EVO (EBC EVO)
I share the same frame of mind regarding rider aids. It's getting to the point where you are not really riding the motorcycle, just along for the ride. I like that my bike keeps me in line when I start pushing beyond my capabilities.

I would get the Diavel if they ever did build the Draxter, those fat tyres and underslung exhausts had me at hello 🤗

·
Registered
41 Posts
None that I wouldn't buy. For my purposes, there is a time and place and a purpose for every one. Form follows function - they all look good to me for the different rolls they fulfill. I want a Diavel to rip and cruise, a Multi to tour and tear, a Streetfighter to rail, a superbike to track and occasionally pose, a Monster to do almost all those, and any older model to ride, gaze and covet. Gimme any and all. I have owned four different categories of Ducati and loved each for its intended design and purpose.:) Or if its just Kool-Aid to be had here, consider the jug empty.

·
Registered
876 Posts
None that I wouldn't buy. ..Gimme any and all. I have owned four different categories of Ducati and loved each for its intended design and purpose.:) Or if its just Kool-Aid to be had here, consider the jug empty.
You're a Company Man.. definitely drank all the Kool-aid, mate. All good, but do marry rich.

Reactions: stomp944

·
Registered
41 Posts
You're a Company Man.. definitely drank all the Kool-aid, mate. All good, but do marry rich.
Guilty for sure! 😁😇 I do have a Ducati bias (scratch that - Italian bias).
Though, concurrent with past Ducati's I've owned Triumph, KTM, many Hondas, Yamaha, Moto Guzzi and Kawasaki. Again, it's about the tool for the job. A Daytona 675 is my preferred track weapon, while the KTM eats up dirt and rocks like nothing else.
Besides, I know how and when to buy ;) and have on at least five occasions sold a bike (after years of riding it) for more than I paid for it.....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Okay, I'll play... that four cylinder jobbie that is burning people's legs at traffic lights. Doesn't sound too fun.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
If the seat is too high for my 29" inseam and I have to get off with one cheek only on the seat to get a foot down, pass.
I had a DRZ400S like that and could deal with it, but don't see a reason to deal with it at present.

If it has a monkey humping football riding position, my back says pass.

Love my Monster. A Street fighter might work, I like the look. Maybe a Scrambler. If it has the powah.
Diavel, I'm no fan of feet forward. I don't want the maint of anything too old.

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
That 400? cc baby Scrambler and the biggest one that has about the same power as the 800...I’d own the 800 though

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
It is much easier to state which one I would buy rather than ones I wouldn't. Honestly, I don't like any of them. Scrambler Café is about the only one I'd actually consider buying with any amount of seriousness.

·
Registered
Ducati Monster S4R '04
44 Posts
I wouldn’t buy anything post 1098. Just don’t like the idea of heavy interference of rider aids, even though some you can disable, it still feels as if it were a different machine. It also had to be a twin. The sound of the V4’s is so generic that you can barely tell if it is a Ducati (especially now that they made the transition to wet clutches 🥺). I’m not hating on them, it’s just not my style. Every time I take my S4R out in the morning and start her up, I get the feels. It’s like every ride is the first and I just grin along, like an idiot 😂. It’s hard to beat that 🤗

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Didn't realize Multi owners were sensitive. Sorry.

Still don't like it though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts